snow angel.

Pre-serum

The apartment was freezing. With no fireplace or heating system, Steve and Bucky were left with cuddling on the couch, blankets piled on them, wearing too many layers.

It had started snowing hard an hour ago. Steve begged Bucky to go outside with him, but Bucky firmly refused, saying that the weather would only get worse and he didn't want anything to happen to Steve.

So there they were on the couch, Bucky lying lengthwise with Steve on top of him. They wrapped their arms around each other to trap the warmth. A small radio sat on the side table, softly playing classic Christmas songs.

Bucky looked down at Steve. The small boy was almost asleep, but Bucky could tell something was on his mind that kept him up.

"Everything okay, Stevie?" He asked, gently scratching the blond's back.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine..." Steve lied.

"But?" Bucky prompted.

"I've always wanted to make a snow angel, but as soon as I fall into the snow, my body freezes up. Stupid, sick body," Steve grumbled at the end.

"Hey, no, your body is not stupid. It's beautiful, okay?" Steve shrugged, unconvinced. "And, Steve, why would you need to make a snow angel, when I've already got one right here?" He stroked Steve's hair.

The blond buried his burning face in Bucky's chest. "That was weak."

"Was it?" Bucky teased. He sat up, and the couple repositioned themselves so that Steve was straddling him and Bucky was leaning against the couch. "It made you blush," he said with a cocky grin.

"Whatever," Steve tried to play it off, but Bucky wasn't gonna have it.

He gave Steve that charming look that he knew the blond couldn't resist. He cupped Steve's jaw with one hand. Then in a low voice, he said, "How about 'babydoll'?"

Steve melted. He gripped Bucky's sweater and pulled himself closer, smashing their lips together. After a moment, he pulled back. "Hot damn, Bucky, you're gonna send me into another fever."

Bucky pulled him back in. This kiss wasn't like their usual gentle ones; it was passionate and full of longing. They ran their hands over each other, never breaking their lips apart.

They could have easily kept this up for the rest of the night, but Steve paused as something outside caught his eye.

"What is it, babydoll?" Bucky mumbled as he pressed loving kisses down Steve's neck.

"It stop snowing! We can go out now!" Steve exclaimed, jumping up from the couch.

Bucky let out a fake groan. "Aw, I was just getting warmed up."

"You can kiss me later, Buck," Steve called as he struggled to pull on his boots. "I have a snow angel to make."

Bucky fell back on the couch, smiling like the lovestruck idiot that he was. But he quickly got up and got dressed when he remembered that Steve would need his help once he was lying like a popsicle in the snow.

THANKS FOR OVER 300 READS. LOVE Y'ALL