Call Twelve

10.55AM
Sungun Police Agency
Emergency Call Centre

“False alarm! The Unit 5-104 is false alarm!”

Joochan throws a fist in the desk, gritting his teeth. His instinct is right. Aram is not in that unit. Although it was Youngtaek who notifies the Call Centre instead of Sungyoon, Joochan trusted their words.

Speechless, Joochan can barely speak a word. The thought of losing Aram is haunting him.

The line lets out an unexpected voice. It is the Chief of Violent Crimes Unit.

“Stop hogging that unit and get your ass going! He is still somewhere nearby! Don’t lose him!”

Joochan turns away from his desk and straightens his posture, looking through the windows of the conference room. He then spots the back of the tall man who just spoke a moment ago. Daeyeol must have noticed Joochan’s glare on him that he turns around and connects their gazes together.

Daeyeol does not show any remorse of what he just did. He does not find anything wrong by sending his men to intrude Joochan’s mission. Moreover, his stare at Joochan only intensifies his guilt of not reaching to Aram in time.

In Golden Time, as promised.

Joochan feels his heart raced, every single detail and decibel gathered run chaos through his mind. He does not even realise his breaths have turned shallow and short. With that kind of state, Joochan can collapse and faint at any time.

“Yah Hong Joochan!”

The yell of his name snaps in attention, recognising the voice of Detective Sungyoon

“Listen you punk. We don’t have much time!” Sungyoon speaks with such weight that Joochan hears his breaths louder than his voice. “Tell me what you heard just now.”

Joochan creases his eyebrows. “Mwo?”

“He said something like a xylophone. You heard it, right? You should have heard it! Can’t you tell what it is?”

Joochan looks up to the ceiling, allowing light to blind his eyes as all his senses recall the sound that Aram has said. It was a chiming, randomly moving without a melody or tune. It cannot be from the speaker. It was definitely from two materials hitting each other.

“Molla… Molla,” Joochan utters helplessly. “I have never heard the sound before. I cannot say what it was.”

Seungmin watches Joochan hang his head low and in defeat that his extraordinary ability is useless when he cannot point it to any object. The Chief is in a moment of distress and pressure, doing his best to connect the two dots together while Seungmin can only sit and behold the sight of agony brewing in the conference room.

10:58AM
Dabok Villa
Roadside outside Building Five

The four officers head outside the building, facing each other in a circle. Youngtaek overhears Sungyoon’s conversation with Joochan, knowing that Sungyoon could have asked Joochan to use his powerful hearing ability.

Unfortunately, Joochan disappoints them as Sungyoon ends their convo and looks at them in worry. Jangjun claps his hand, stepping in and bracing himself to give orders.

“I have an idea,” Jangjun gestures to the rest so that they calm down. “The mother might have already found him by now. What we can do is to get all the officers with a Megaphone and demand her to surrender. We already have the area covered!”

“Are you mad?!” Donghyun cusses. “You only rush the woman to finish the deed!”

Jangjun smirks morbidly. “Yah, she wouldn’t kill him for real! It’s her son! We negotiate and she will finally find some sense!”

“Ani,” Youngtaek holds his chin. “Donghyun can be right. This boy might not be her real child. Didn’t the Chief Call Centre say there is potential for this suspect to carry out not only abuse but child murders too? The one before Aram was a sick girl. And she never came back.”

Getting impatient, Jangjun sighs. “I can’t believe we are actually following the words of a minor! If I find out this is a stupid prank-“

Sungyoon runs off, finding it unbearable to listen to Jangjun’s rant. He wants to get to the boy fast. Donghyun follows him behind.

Youngtaek huffs, pining his hands on the sides of his own hip. “Shall we follow him? Or shall we find the boy ourselves?”

“Let’s give it some time,” Jangjun looks at the watch. “They have about 5 more minutes till their so-called Golden Time runs out. Anyways, they should have tracked the phone by now and send us the details. Aigoo, we worked too long on this side of the job. We know better when to run and when to breathe.”

“I hope you’re right,” Youngtaek takes a deep breath, recalling the words exchanged between him and Joochan when they both first met. “We’re Knights. We move efficiently.”

The two detectives do their usual handshake with a smug and run back to their car.

“Sungyoon-Hyung, wait up!” Donghyun shouts upon reaching the detective who finally stops and starts looking around.

“Yah, Donghyun-ah,” Sungyoon chides in between short tired breaths. “Remember that time we went undercover and we heard something sounded like a xylophone in nearby houses?”

Donghyun straightens himself and looks around. “That chime you mean? What do they call it? Is it a wind-chime, the one which makes chiming sounds when the wind blows at it?”

“Look over there,” Sungyoon points up and Donghyun follows.

They find a wind chime, a half cylindrical shape with strings hanging down. Each string carries a few white stone-like chimes, something they cannot figure exactly from the distance they are looking. Donghyun counts the floors of that unit and notices the building number.

Donghyun connects his eyes with Sungyoon. “Unit 3-406. But are you serious? Jinjja?”

Sungyoon nods and mutters. “Follow me.”

10.59AM
Sungun Police Agency
Emergency Call Centre

Weighed down by stress and anxiety, Joochan removes his headphones, followed by taking long deep breaths. Seungmin cannot ignore his Chief being in that state any longer.

For an Emergency Call Operator to take off the headphones, it can only mean one thing. Hong Joochan has given up the fight.

Seungmin stands up and begins stepping away from his own desk when an abrupt shout stops him.

“Oh Su-jin!”

Seungmin turns behind. It is Corporal Choi Bomin who disrupts his approach on the Chief. He looks exhilarated because he finally identifies the woman that Seungmin caught on camera.

Despite Bomin’s eager announcement, Joochan does not give Bomin his attention. Bomin refuses to back down from Joochan’s inert self and he continues to read out from his computer screen.

“She lives in Dabok Villa with her husband and three children. Two boys and a girl. She stays at the Unit 3-406,” Bomin states loudly and clearly before looking at Seungmin. “Order your men to head there right now!”

Seungmin reacts immediately, flinching at him with irritation. “Yah, what do you think you are doing? Giving me orders from just now?!”

“I’m doing this to save a child,” Bomin explains himself and looks intensely at Joochan. “If you have nothing else up your sleeves, this is what you have right now. Are you not going to listen to me?”

“We cannot be sure if that woman is even involved,” Seungmin argues. “We don’t take chances like this is some game, Bomin-ah!”

“We tracked down the phone!”

Officer Han intervenes, holding a printed paper while the screen flashes the profile of the owner of the phone. Joochan finally raises his head and accepts the printed paper for a quick skim.

Officer Han continues to speak. “Choe Byung-uk. Thirty years old male. Five years ago, his restaurant went out of business. He currently works as a chef in a nearby restaurant. He adopted three children. One died and one hospitalised. Now he lives with a boy he adopted last year.”

“What’s the address?” Joochan clarifies.

“It’s apartment 3-406. His wife’s name is Oh Sujin,” Officer Han states, gesturing a sudden realisation towards Bomin that he is right.

Joochan flips to the page with the picture of the wife, recalling the screenshot that Seungmin took. The resemblance of the actual picture of her on the screenshot is minimal and to think Bomin can identify with what is given, Joochan is amazed.

In matter of fact, Bomin’s efforts lighten his heart that there is hope to save Aram.

Joochan looks at Bomin. “Announce this to the team, Corporal Choi. You have my permission.”

Bomin widens his eyes and stutters in surprise. Seungmin grins and switches on a spare pair of headphones.

“Here you go, Corporal,” Seungmin hands the headphones to Bomin. “Are you onboard?”

“A boy’s life is in our hands,” Bomin grins and wears it immediately, tapping it to check its audio. “Calling Action Team. This is Corporal Choi Bomin from 112 Emergency Call Centre. We found the owner of the phone.”

“I’m sorry, Eomma!”

The shriek of the seven-year old boy grabs Joochan’s attention from the other line. It is quickly followed by the mother’s voice. Aram must have been found by the suspect and brought away from his hiding.

While Bomin updates the officers, Joochan puts down the paper and listens carefully to the commotion on Aram’s line. He quickly wears his headphones over his ears.

“Please don’t kill me, Eomma! I promise I won’t do it again!”

“It’s too late!” the mother yells back in rage.

“Animida!” Joochan responds to her involuntarily. “It’s not too late!”

A beat of silence enters but it does not dampen Joochan’s sudden burst of confidence.

“What… What is that?” the mother, Oh Sujin asks nervously and finds the phone, shouting on top of her voice. “Who are you?!”

Joochan grabs the chance to buy as much time as possible.

“This is Sergeant Hong Joochan from the Emergency Call Centre,” Joochan responds with a delicate tone. “The police are heading your way.”

She gasps dramatically. “You don’t know where I am. Don’t be ridiculous!”

“We tracked your phone, Oh Sujin-ssi. So it’s not too late. If you turn yourself in, there will be extenuation. So please,” Joochan takes a quick deep breath and speaks smoothly. “For Aram’s sake, act wisely.”

The mother exhibits a weak demeanor, holding the phone tightly to her mouth that Joochan can hear breaths masking the speaker phone.

Joochan straightens his posture, holding his speaker bulb close to his lips.

“Oh Sujin-ssi, let’s talk.”

11.00 AM
Dabok Villa

Donghyun stops running behind Sungyoon as he watches the older one walking into the security office. There is already a crowd outside, brewing worry and fear of the current situation.

“Sir, Sir,” Sungyoon speaks before entering the office and he finds no one.

Apparently, Sungyoon notices something unexpected on the table. There is a thin sliver string loosely tied to a slightly rusted dome, probably made up of an alloy of metals. There are also a few coloured domes. It could have been broken but the clipper and pliers next to them tell a different story. It looks more of making than fixing the wind chime.

Sungyoon recalls a quick flashback of the wind chime he found on that particular apartment unit. He is not confident if the chimes are the same.

The radio starts another buzz.

“Calling Action Team. This is Corporal Choi Bomin from the Emergency Call Center. We found the owner of the phone. Please hurry to Building Three, Unit 3-406. The woman in early thirties, Oh Sujin have found the boy. I repeat, please hurry to Unit 3-406! The suspect is with the victim!”

“Sungyoon-Hyung!” Donghyun calls him by the door of the security office. “We gotta go now!”

Sungyoon nods and sprints together with Donghyun. “Who the hell is Choi Bomin?”

“Beats me,” Donghyun says as they run and looks ahead. “Those two are not giving up at all.”

Sungyoon looks ahead and finds Jangjun and Youngtaek leading the run. Sungyoon can only grunt at their appearance because he is still disturbed with what he found on the table of the security guard.

To know that he is not in his office too, Sungyoon is starting to get a hunch.

“Action Team. We are heading to Building Three right now. Please stall as long as possible. Don’t provoke her. Araso?!” Sungyoon responds back to the radio and continues running.

11:01AM
Sungun Police Agency
Emergency Call Centre

“You’ve been cruel to Aram, Oh Sujin-ssi.”

Joochan speaks solemnly, doing his best to buy time. “I am sure you are aware of that. Do you… really want him to die?”

“Shut up!” Oh Sujin yells in volumes of fear and anxiety. “What do you know?! How can you say that?! What did I do wrong?!”

She portrays a denial state of her actions, a characteristic of one with poor mental health. Joochan handles callers with such states before but he cannot help but worry if he can talk any further without provoking her.

“That man… that old man was so much worse. At least I fed them, gave them clothes and let them sleep!”

A strangling sound comes next, followed by Aram’s plea. “Eomma, it hurts.”

Joochan gulps and presses his lips into a thin line. “Please calm down, Oh Sujin-ssi.”

Getting no response from her, Joochan looks at Seungmin who instantly knows what he has to find in a snap.

“Oh Sujin-ssi, have you been in this kind of situation before?” Joochan asks in a warm tone. “Have you been abused when you were a child?”

“Shut your mouth! Don’t act like you know me!”

“I think I know why you are acting like this. You are extremely distressed, right?” Joochan begs for her to calm down and release the child. “Aram told me that when your husband comes home, he hears the xylophone. You start crying. You… you must be in a lot of pain too.”

The woman weeps upon hearing Joochan’s words. Joochan tries to relate and understand her state of mind. Unfortunately, Joochan lacks the capability to deal with mentally disturbed suspects.

It is obvious that Oh Sujin is suffering a traumatic disorder since childhood. Seungmin paces briskly towards Joochan, noting that Oh Sujin was adopted too and had made three attempts to run away from home.

“This is… This is how children are raised.”

Joochan looks away from the report I his hands and listens to her raspy breathing.

“Children are loud and messy. They are a nuisance!” Oh Sujin recites as though it is all printed on her brain. “Dad…”

Joochan mutes his microphone and talks to Seungmin. “Find out more of her adopted father.”

“De,” Seungmin returns to his desk and begins searching.

“Dad… I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I won’t ever do it again!” Oh Sujin pleads, acting like she is a child again.

Joochan breathes out and looks at Seungmin who gives him a shake of his head. There is no information about her adoptive parents.

Bomin sits impatiently, not sure how things will turn out right now. It is already a great deal of a chance to speak with the suspect but if Joochan makes the wrong move, the woman will be agitated and finish the boy who is with her.

“Don’t you have anyone here trained in dealing with people having mental disorders?” Bomin manages to whisper with Seungmin.

Seungmin shakes his head again. “Unfortunately, no. But Joochan is not only good at listening but talking too.”

Bomin scoffs. “It seems to me that he is having trouble doing the latter right now.”

“Shut up and just listen,” Seungmin hushes him and prays deep down in his heart that Joochan will prove Bomin wrong.

Closing his eyes, Joochan tells himself to relax and breathe. He then opens his eyes, pacing down the center of the conference room.

“Oh Sujin-ssi, I know life has not been easy for you. You experienced things that most people cannot imagine. I am sure you have once asked yourself why you had to go through this when everyone else lives a happy life.”

Joochan closes his eyes and frowns. “It must have upset you.”

Bomin raises his brows, amazed by Joochan’s wise words. The woman’s erratic breathing is slowly easing into shallow yet quiet huffs.

“Aram also told me that even if the door was left open, he could not leave the house. Why would he say that? I think you know better, Oh Sujin-ssi. All the pain you felt, all the misery you cannot escape… no matter how far you run away, you will continue to fear and feel it.”

Whimpers of the woman break the silence as Joochan opens his eyes and sighs. “Aram feels it too, Oh Sujin-ssi. So please, if you turn yourself in, we will help you so that you can have a normal life. You have my words, Oh Sujin-ssi. Please, let Aram out of the door.”

“Eomma,” Aram voices out despite the pain. “I’m sorry. Even if you hurt me… I will not complain, Eomma. I’m really sorry.”

“Aram-ah,” Oh Sujin speaks weakly, her voice coated with remorse and sadness. “Aram-ah.”

Seungmin grins, his palms clasped together. He hopes that Oh Sujin finally surrenders.

Out of the blue, Joochan stiffens and his eyes stretch out widely. Joochan hears the door of the house creak open, its sound probably too soft to reach the phone but it cannot be missed by Joochan.

Whoever just enters the premise cannot be Sungyoon or Jangjun. The footsteps are sloppy and heavy. And the haunting sounds of the xylophone ring eerily in Joochan’s ears.

A wind chime, Joochan deduces from all the listening. It will be the most obvious to hear when the door opens and the chiming follows after.

However, it chimes in a peculiar tone. Joochan cannot tell if it is made up of bells or metal rods. It still sounds foreign to him.

The next moment, the line to Aram is dead.

The air in the Call Centre shifts into coldness drastically. Seungmin jumps on his feet, feeling helpless that he needs to pace towards the back wall and get a hold of himself. The suspense of having Aram with his mother offers more fear than comfort .

Bomin chooses to put down his headphones down and leans back against the chair.

Is this game over? Bomin wonders as he averts his eyes from Seungmin to Joochan. He probably will witness the becoming of Joochan’s first loss.

The handsome Chief of the Call Centre remains standing at his spot, unmoved and showing no sign of panic.

“Call center, we are outside unit 3-406,” Sungyoon’s voice reverberates across the room. “We are going in.”

11:03 AM
Dabok Villa
Unit 3-406

Jangjun and Youngtaek rush in with careful yet light footwork, pointing their guns forward. Donghyun and Sungyoon follow behind, keeping guard of what is around them. The patrol officers stay outside.

Jangjun finds Oh Sujin sitting on the floor by the sofa which is stained by patches of fresh red blood. Youngtaek searches for the knife and kicks it away once he spots it.

“Oh Sujin-ssi,” Jangjun stoops low and speaks solemnly. “You are under arrest for child abuse and attempted murder. You have the right to hire an attorney and anything you say may be used against you in the court of law.”

Sungyoon stands at the main door while Donghyun and the other officers search up the house for Aram. While Youngtaek puts on handcuffs on the woman, Youngtaek notices a boot print on the carpet, smudged by blood.

Something feels not right, Youngtaek speaks to himself as he glances at the shoe rack and he does not see any kind of men’s footwear. Recalling the last few words on the call, Youngtaek is sure that there was only Aram and his mother and no one else.

Youngtaek looks up to connect eyes with Sungyoon, hoping that the infamously observant detective would have noticed it too.

But Sungyoon is distracted by something at the window. Sungyoon looks at it intensely, irked at the sight of a few isolated tooth threaded and hanging down from the metal dome.

A wind chime? Youngtaek blinks and notices that it could be the source of the supposed xylophone sound.

“He is not here!” Donghyun announces before he appears back on the living room where everyone is. “We checked everywhere!”

Jangjun reacts first. “Yah, what are you saying?!”

Donghyun spits back. “He is not here!”

“Look everywhere!” Jangjun orders angrily but the officers give him the same answer.

“The boy is not here.”

“Aram is not there?” Joochan speaks on the radio. “Someone got there before you do.”

“Yah, are you crazy?! We could have seen them leave when we’re running up here,” Jangjun scoffs in disbelief. “This guy’s really something, Jinjja.”

“He could be right,” Youngtaek speaks, pointing at the prints on the carpet. “Someone with large army boots took him away.”

Oh Sujin suddey shivers in a tremendous extent, hearing Youngtaek point it out loud. Donghyun cannot ignore that reaction and walks towards the kneeling woman whose hands are bloody and shaking.

“Aish, Oh Sujin!” Donghyun demands as he glares at the soul in her eyes. “Where is he? Speak up now!”

The expressionless woman persists in silence, unperturbed by Donghyun’s yell. Jangjun becomes incredibly frustrated that he grabs the woman by the arm and demands her response.

Oh Sujin continues to withhold her voice in her throat. Youngtaek breaks Jangjun’s hold on her and turns to Sungyoon, hoping the oldest among them can tame their angers.

Shockingly, Sungyoon vanishes.

“Yah Donghyun,” Youngtaek nudges his head towards the mentioned lad. “Where did he go?”

“Isn’t that what we are asking from her?!”

Youngtaek hisses and spins Donghyun to look at the door. “I'm talking about your partner! Where did Sungyoon-Hyung go?”

Donghyun widens his eyes, as shocked as Youngtaek is. “Where the hell did Sungyoon-Hyung go?!”

Donghyun runs off like lightning, leaving Youngtaek and Jangjun behind with Oh Sujin.

“Aish, jinjja!” Jangjun yells and hears his phone ringing. “What?!”

While waiting for Jangjun, Youngtaek seeks another officer to assist him and bring Oh Sujin down. Jangjun ends the call and looks at Youngtaek.

“Choi Byeong-uk has not been coming to his restaurant for months,” Jangjun states, moving eyes implying severity of the situation. “It’s definitely the husband who came over and ran off with the kid. We got to hurry. He should still be nearby.”

Youngtaek clicks his tongue, getting irritated at the situation. He begins to doubt whether he should really continue saving the kid. The rescue is starting to look like the job for patrol officers.

Jangjun and Youngtaek are the knights of the Violent Crimes Unit. They are not supposed to be running around playing cat and mouse game with the suspect.

Nevertheless, it is Chief Daeyeol’s orders.  He is their king.

“All teams. This is Sergeant Son Youngtaek. Our suspect is on the run. Choi Byeong-uk, 39 years old is charged for domestic abuse and child kidnapping. We must find him. I repeat. He is a suspect of abuse and child kidnapping. Close all roads leaving Burim-dong and inspect all cars,” Youngtaek releases the button from his radio and nods to Jangjun. “Come on. Our vehicle is in a far distance from here.”

“Roger!” Jangjun leads down the staircase.

“Detective Youngtaek,” Joochan speaks in the radio. “Are you with Oh Sujin-ssi?”

Youngtaek climbs down the stairs and responds. “We’re leaving her with the patrol officers and heading towards-”

“Please, detective. Let me speak to her,” Joochan begs. “Let me speak to Oh Sujin-ssi.”

Youngtaek huffs as he runs to their van, behind Jangjun and the others. “Yah. She won’t speak a word. Don’t waste our time! The man is out there and the kid is going to die! Deploy as much men as you can to find him!”

Joochan hesitates. “But Detective Youngtaek, I heard his footsteps. It cannot be his husband. His steps are slow-”

“Jinjja, Hong Joochan!” Youngtaek yells out of formality. “Brag about your talent somewhere else! We are going to save the kid and kick you out of that centre, do you hear me?! Stop wasting our time and find any place the husband will go to hide! That is an order, Chief Call Centre!”

Youngtaek keeps his radio, and jumps into the van. Jangjun drives away even before all the doors of the van are closed.

While all the officers are rushing to the outskirts of Burim-dong, Donghyun searches for Sungyoon and catches the sight of the older one standing near their car. Donghyun runs to him and bends down to breathe.

“Yah, Sungyoon-Hyung. Why are you out here?” Donghyun exhales and takes a deep breath. “If we don’t catch up now, those two will be credited for saving that kid!”

Sungyoon clicks his tongue and pockets his hands. “I told you many times before, Donghyun-ah. Don’t bother yourself with such things like credits and rewards. We do this job so we can save people. Araso?”

Donghyun stands closely to Sungyoon, trying to understand him. “Are you giving up? Is that why you are standing here?”

“Ani,” Sungyoon pats on Donghyun’s shoulder. “Listen. I want to go where Youngtaek and Jangjun are going. Update me through the radio.”

“Then, what are you going to do?” Donghyun asks worriedly.

“I’ll do what I have to do,” Sungyoon skaps the door of the van loudly, telling Donghyun to move.

Trusting the older detective, Donghyun obeys without doubt and jumps into the car. As soon as the car drives off, Sungyoon takes out his walkie talkie and walks towards the security office of Dabok Villa.

11:05AM
Sungun Police Agency
Emergency Call Centre

“Call Centre. This is Detective Sungyoon. Tell me anything about Oh Sujin’s father.”

Joochan reconnects his line from Youngtaek to Sungyoon. “We could not find any information as of now.”

“Have you tried talking to Oh Sujin-ssi?”

Recalling the rejection of help from Youngtaek, Joochan shuts his eyes and admits. “Yes, until Aram disappeared.”

“Did she talk to you about him?”

Joochan nods. “She was facing the same abuse during childhood. That’s affirmative.”

“Well, I need more information about him because my hunch tells me he is involved.”

Joochan holds his breath, tracing back in his memory to the footsteps he listened earlier. “I would agree with you. Before the line ended, I heard heavy slow footsteps. The one with those steps might suffer arthritis. And the wind chime, I heard it again. Clearer. And she did cry. But I could not make up the material.”

“Teeth,” Sungyoon states despite being disgusted by the sight. “The sounds of chiming were from isolated tooth hitting each other.”

Joochan leans his hands against the desk. “Detective Sungyoon, can you let me talk to her?”

“I am not with her.”

“What? Why?” Joochan scoffs, gobsmacked. “Who is with her then? She might be the next victim!”

“All teams, this is Call Centre Corporal Choi Bomin.”

Joochan spins around to see Bomin interrupting their conversation. Seungmin paces back to the same desk he shares with Bomin. When Seungmin looks at the screen on Bomin’s computer, Seungmin gasps.

“Yah Bomin-ah! Don’t tell me you just hacked the District Attorney’s files!” Seungmin barks in fright but Bomin stays calm.

“Oh Sujin was adopted and abused by her adoptive father. He used to be a famous pediatric dentist in Ujieonbu. He fell in debt after he did some bad investments. He started to abuse adoptees and get their insurance money.”

The elite young hacking specialist Bomin gulps reading the horrible profile. He quickly moves on informing everyone of the suspect they should be looking for.

“He was caught and his wife divorced him. He’s currently missing,” Bomin ends his sharing. “This old man is with Aram right noe. Please hurry and find him.”

Seungmin swivels Bomin’s chair away from the computer. “What the hell did you think you are doing?! Do you have any idea what kind of trouble you are making?!”

“I am sure he is mature enough to take responsibility too,” adds Daeyeol who enters with two officers behind. “Corporal Choi Bomin, you are under arrest for accessing confidential information without consent from your superiors.”

Bomin stands up, trying to explain but someone responds to Daeyeol first.

“I gave him permission,” Chief Hong Joochan steps in. “He did the right thing. We are in desperate need for more info.”

Daeyeol smirks with wit. “Chief Hong, it is still illegal for a mere operator- oh, my mistake. He is not even posted here yet and he is already breaking many rules. Is this how you are planning to run your team? Do you even have any prosecutor to back you up?”

Joochan shortens the gap between him and Daeyeol, fixing a glare on the taller one. “ I have a boy to save and I will not entertain you right now.”

Daeyeol chuckles and grabs Joochan by the collar. “You are really messing with the wrong person, Sergeant. There are already 20 men out there searching for this boy and yet you cannot find him. Are you planning to use the whole Seoul Police Force to play this chasing game, huh?!”

“Back off, Daeyeol-Hyung,” Sungyoon’s voice booms in the centre room.

“Yah, I am your Chief!” Daeyeol retorts at the voice.

“Hong Joochan, listen to me.”

Joochan gives one last glance at Daeyeol and he walks away to face the screen.

“I am listening,” Joochan answers firmly.

Bomin and Seungmin exchange looks, putting all their trust and hope on Joochan and Sungyoon. Daeyeol sighs, crossing his arms.

“I will save the boy no matter what,” Sungyoon reassures everyone in the Call Centre. “Stay alert with me.”

Joochan clenches his fists, trying his best to rely on Sungyoon. “Where are you now?”

“Dabok Villa.”

“Detective Sungyoon,” Joochan calls him carefully, as he can hear Sungyoon’s increasing heartbeat. “Did you see him?”

“I already met him.”

++++

A/N: Thank you for reading!
Please check GOLDEN CHILD NEW SONG RA PAM PAM!!!! ITS DELICIOUSLY GOOD!!  PLEASE SUPPORT GOLDEN CHILD!!!

Fanfare, Bottom of the ocean and GAME are my favs!!!,😍😍😍😍