chapter 13 - god

"Come on Elara we are going down to the lake to train" Naida called over her shoulder. It seems the grisha had a habit of going down to practice and experiment with each other.

Elara had been avoiding everyone, apart from Genya and the nightly visits with her parents. Maybe she was avoiding the Darkling after the whole impersonating incident, however seeing the most powerful grisha blush, either with embarrassment or anger from her comment about his size down there was quite the scene, when commenting on her impersonating..

It seemed all the grisha were curious about her magical powers and her celestial powers. Baghra had been the only one interested in just her celestial powers.

While Elara made no effort to hide any of her powers apart from her elemental powers every time she did the slightest display of magic, everyone seemed to lose their minds.

Yet Elara wouldn't lie and say it wasn't a wonderful feeling to have everyone's eyes on you in wonder. They would clap and pray to the saint from a simple first year spell. They hadn't even seen anything impressive.

Elara wasn't stupid to let them see her skills, everyone was already planning to exploit her celestial abilities, if they knew what she was truly capable of, she wouldn't just be the celestial summoner or the night witch summoner, but of a weapon of massive destruction.

They viewed the fold as hell, a dark impenetrable hell. Elara could separate the very land the fold lay on and destroy the fold. Elara could create an entire army of the elements.

Reading everyone's mind might be unethical, however she needed to know what was happening. Her girlish giggles might have been enough for the stupid king but not enough for the Darkling. He might have four hundred plus years on her but Elara had magic and elements, and a great ass, but that was a discussion for another time.

However it was simply impossible to avoid the Darkling entirely, after all they mostly lived in the same place. Elara was lucky to have gone a week avoiding the man, especially after calling his dick tiny in a room full of his most trusted grisha after impersonating him at a dinner.

Yet it seemed Elara's luck was out, or maybe it was that damn bond pulling them together, the longing in her heart, the ability to feel when he was in a room while she was just outside in the hallway.

Even in Ravka they valued soulmates, every romance book in the library was full of soulmates stories, of princes rescuing the poor girl, of assassins saving the rich boys, gossiping grisha in the training rooms looking for matching soulmate marks.

Elara however had noticed a pattern, like calls to like, and that disgusted her.

Grisha were rare, they all had different variants of power, but the power was there. It seemed that basically every grisha had a grisha soulmate. They would age with each other, out lasting any possible past otkazat'sya. Elara knew what the Darkling was capable off, she read his mind, she watched the creation of the fold, she watched him read diaries filled with ideas about nichyevo('ya).

Elara also knew she was more powerful than the Darkling, however they both had powers that would make they last centuries more without aging. In the wizarding world Elara was powerful, now with her celestial powers she was basically god.

Yet her goddess self was paired for eternity with Satan in a black kefta himself.