chapter 12 - dinner

One of Elara's favourite memories was born from an accident. A bored Elara was a dangerous Elara to everyone around her.

Her father claimed she must have been Sirius' from the pranks that had occurred when Elara was bored, but her mother always liked to remind Regulus that she was also a Potter and Potter's were pranks.

So when Elara was bored and over at her uncle James and Lily's for Christmas, how could she not prank the 'ultimate prankers' as uncle James and Uncle Sirius liked to call themselves.

The chaos that happened in the morning was truly beautiful, although she was sure that she would never recover from seeing her uncle Sirius and Remus in their morning, with nothing on.

That sight taught her to knock.

However the people of Ravka had yet to see this part of Elara, they simply saw the 'night witch summoner'.

But that was going to change, because a bored Elara leads to mischief.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

The Darkling was feeling odd.

And in all his centuries he had never felt 'odd'. Maybe it was the dramatics that came with the 'night witch summoner', maybe his old age was catching up to him.

But times were changing and this odd feeling of missing something was not the most important. Yet it seemed to overtake his mind, not the feeling of misplacing something important but longing.

Longing for something, or one. He had heard of the soulmates who do not acknowledge their bond feeling a sense of longing, but that's ridicules.

He had long given up the idea of a soulmate, his mother spent years detesting the whole idea, it seems not all soulmates were meant to be and the rare passion in her eyes when talking told Aleksander enough.

Besides the only new woman he had encountered was the princess of one of the Wandering Isles and Elara.

Speaking of Elara he was going to dinner, he had never gone so consistently to the grisha dining hall. Once or twice a year, sometimes none, yet he seemed to now be in there at least once a meal.

Maybe it was the environment he had spent so many years creating or maybe it had something to do with the night witch summoner and her conversations.

Anything from openly criticizing him to talking about unicorns, who were apprently real, Aleksander would need to see that with his own eyes to believe it.

And right now he did not believe his own eyes because currently he was looking at himself eating dinner.

Except he was not looking in a mirror or any other reflective surface he could use to check his hair.

No he was looking at a man, himself, eating dinner with the grisha in the dining hall while standing outside in the door frame.

The room became very silent, the openly confused faces of grisha were interrupted by a laugh, he knew that laugh even if it was in his voice.

Elara.