chapter 3 - what to expect

Elara looked around the tent, these were the grisha that people associated her with

Elara looked around the tent, these were the grisha that people associated her with. The Fjerdans that she heard soldiers curse called the witches, but she was the only witch in this tent.

That being said, these grisha looked powerful. but one more than others. The Darkling stood in the middle of the room. You would think that being in a black tent would help the Darkling blend in, but he did anything but blend in. In the sea of kefta, reading a squallars mind, the Darkling stood out like a sore thumb.

His presence silently commanded the room. The First Army general dropped Elara's arms, abandoning her to the Darkling's quizickle gaze.

The Darkling spoke first, only increasing the tension in the room instead of breaking it. "Bring her closer"

The First Army General pushed Elara further in the tent, like a virgin sacrifice. When the Darkling turned around, Elara almost did a trouble take. She always looked good in black, stunning even. And her thick coat of her burgundy Auror uniform made her unique in the sea of green from the first army and the kefta of the second army. However while Elara oozed confidence, the man in front of her was a masterpiece.

His tall frame towered over her, even from the distance Elara could see his eyes were made from the shadows, eyes she would gladly get lost in. His jawline, though covered in a beard, was sharp. Everything about this man oozes confidence, years of confidence. Centuries of practice, Elara had to stifle a gasp after reading the Darkling, or Aleksanders mind.

It was annoying how his eyes portrayed the good in the dark, lit up by the stars on a summer's night while the disaster he created portrayed the evil that lurks in the dark.

The tension only grew in the room as the two powerful figures in the room eyed each other up.

"Closer", even his voice was a series of trained poisonous made it sound like the sweetest of fruits, but everyone knows the sweets fruits, surrounded by beauty are often the most dangerous.

But Elara did not move closer, her father would often blame her stubbornness on her mother, but both her parents were incredibly stubborn. Elara Black was as stubborn as a mule, her parents knew this, her friends knew this, her teachers knew this, but the Darkling did not know this.

Another thing the Darkling did not know was how much Elara despised being ordered around by men who viewed her as nothing more than an annoying speck on their feet, or worse a pair of tits and ares.

When Elara refused to move, the Darklings' eyes hardened, the only betrayal of the true annoyance he was feeling.

"Well?"

If he expected a straight answer, Elar was not going to give him one.

"What are you?"

The thing to know about Elara is that she is a Potter, the girl could charm a room and had the confidence and cockness of a Potter. But she also inherited her mother's inability to act normal in social situations, and often led to awkward statements of anxiety induced panic.

"An Aquarius?"

The Darkling actually let a smirk grace his face and his eyes betrayed the humor he found in her statement. Laughs grew across the room. That was until a fim "Quiet"

Once again Elara and the Darkling engaged in a standoff, their stances only betraying the true powers hidden behind false facids.

"Answer the question. What are you?"

The Darkling slowed down the words, a power play technique, he was good. But Elara was better, she had the Potter charm, Black supporiety and the ability to be the best looking in a room at all times. But with the Potter charm came the Potter confidence and cockness.

"More powerful than you"

That statement was met with more laughs from the grisha's and First Army. The Darkling however did not laugh, perhaps he was smart and sensed the truth behind those words.

"Do you claim to be anything else? I have received a message claiming that a witch was found in the woods. Are you going to waste my time? Or do you think I believe in fables?"

The words were laced in condescending tones. Again with the Potter cockniessElara coudn't help but show off her true skill. She summoned the Darklings chair, she draped herself onto the chair and created wasps of animals above her head. This caused everyone in the room to gasp, except the Darkling who did not let any emotions past his eyes.

What Elara didn't expect was for the Darkling to reach over and grasp her hand.She didn't expect the Darkling to make the room go dark. She didn't expect the burst of energy or the bright glow that lit up the room. Just like a full moon. And she didn't expect the burst of light floating in the room. Just like the stars.

The gasps settled down, the room in silent awe, even the Darkling looked surprised.  His look of surprise was met with a smirk.

"Like I said I am more powerful than you"