chapter 23

Second last chapter! Hope you enjoyed this! I'll be taking a short break after this to figure out what I'm writing next but if you want to keep up with what I'm writing in the future follow my twitter: ikellxc0rpse
___________________________________________

Christmas

It is now Christmas eve eve and I'm currently waiting for my parents at the airport. For the first time since moving here that they're visiting and since I've seen them. I'm currently waiting for them inside the airport.

My phone buzzes and it's a text from my dad letting me know they're getting their luggage. They're going home the morning of the 30th so theres plenty of time for shopping with my mum and sykkunos mum, I'm hoping the dads and sykkuno can do something together.

A few minutes later the doors open and my parents are first ones through the door. I smile happily and hug them both. "You look so happy, and healthy" my mum comments. "Thank you mum, hello father" I say before side hugging him. We go outside to my car and i put the bags in the boot for them.

We banter on the way to my house, they know that sykkuno and I are back together but they don't know that we're living together. "So will sykkuno be there when we arrive?" My mum asks.

"Actually, I've been meaning to tell you" I start. "You're engaged?" My mum asks. I sigh "no, when I moved house sykkuno actually moved in as well" I answer. "Is tiana still living there?" She asks. I sigh "yes mum tiana is still my roommate" I reply.

I get us home and the smell of coffee and cookies take up my nose. "That smell is amazing" my dad says. I giggle slightly and sykkuno comes from the kitchen "tiana made cookies! Here let me help you with your bags" he says taking the bag from my dad.

He takes their bags to the spare room and we go into the kitchen. Cookies are spread nicely on the counter and theres a pot of coffee with mugs ready. "Theres muffins in the oven" tiana says.

My parents sit down and have a cup of coffee each. The day goes by weirdly smooth, since we're just staying in for the night we ordered in and watched a few movies in the living room.

"I can show you to your room, theres a connected bathroom so you won't have to worry about finding one" I tell my parents. "Ah yes thank you" my mum whispers. I leave them to do their own thing and go to the living room.

She wants to make a traditional english dinner for my friends. Tina, rae, imane, toast, leslie and edison are all coming for dinner and then jodi, john, peter, miyoung and yvonne are joining us all for Christmas day dinner along with sykkunos parents.

Christmas is my favourite time of year because of all the time spent with the ones you love. The last 2 years I've spent with my offlinetv and friends family but this years a bit more special with my parents here.

At the end of the night sykkuno and I are laying down talking like we usually do before falling asleep. "I'm spending time with our dads tomorrow" sykkuno says. "Really?" I ask. "Yeah, theres a few last minute gifts I have to get" he says. "Oooh ok, I suppose I'll be having lunch with our mums then" I say thinking.

My eyes get heavy and I eventually fall asleep looking forward to the next week.

_________

I'm currently sat talking and having lunch with my mum and sykkunos mum. They've been talking a majority of the time exchanging stories of the two of us as kids and getting to know each other.

"You've raised a wonderful man, from what I've seen he treats my daughter like a princess and they're perfect together" my mum compliments his mum. "Oh thank you, you've raised a wonderful young lady, she's perfect for my son" she replies.