chapter 36

'It seemed to me that I was falling!'

Rosemary hid in the hallway leading to another place, and in her haste clutched at her heart.

'Why did you walk so calmly, and then suddenly turned around! Have I been noticed? They must have noticed. I shouldn't have risked that!'

It was too late to hide, so she was worried that she might be noticed.

Rosemary held her breath and listened even more closely. Fortunately, she did not hear the approaching footsteps, which means she went unnoticed.

Rosemary breathed a sigh of relief and began to watch Luna more closely.

"How much will this place cost?"

"The price we offer is 10,000 gold."

"10,000 gold !?"

Luna, who was examining the castle, stopped when she heard the unexpected amount.

"Is such a magnificent mansion worth 10,000 gold?"

This mansion was much better than the previous one. The price itself seemed like a godsend.

Even if it cost 15,000 gold, she would gladly buy it ...

"Of course, since Mr. Antares introduced us, I had a good talk with the owner of this mansion and she adjusted the cost from 23,000 gold."

Luna stood silently with her eyes wide open. The Viscount bit his lip nervously, expecting her answer.

What other discount can I make? The Viscount thought.

Since he was doing this on behalf of Antares, he offered from the very beginning an amount with which he had no interest at all.

However, he could not reduce the price by more than that much, or show Luna another mansion.

"Since the Marquis helped our family, I owe him."

Thinking that he was grateful to Antares, he reduced the price a little lower.

"... Nevertheless, if this does not suit you, I will try to reduce the amount by another thousand gold."

When the price fell to the point of absurdity, Luna almost fainted.

In her opinion, people couldn't sell such a nice mansion so cheap. The conversation ended smoothly, with mixed feelings on Luna's face.

'Is there something wrong with him?'

'Is he going to lower the price even more?'

He saw many people try to knock out a discount using their power or position, but this was the first time he just did such a huge discount.

"Is it because I am Antares's beloved?"

"No, what are you? This is a mansion, recently renovated. I assure you, Lady, this is a very nice mansion."

"But why is it so cheap?"

"...Yes?"

"For this mansion, I was ready to give 15,000 gold, but your price is very cheap. There must be something wrong here."

Only then did the Viscount understand why Luna was so surprised. Not because it was too expensive for her, but because it was too cheap.

On the one hand, he was very sorry that he had offered so little, but still heaved a sigh of relief.

"Oh, so you think the mansion is too cheap ..."

"Yes? It can't be like that, can it? I also have eyes. Of course, it would be nice to buy it cheap, but ... I'm worried about its low price. Now I will look for flaws in him that may not exist."