chapter 12

Luna fell asleep almost at dawn after talking to her father, so she slept until almost noon the next day.

"Dad?  Are you home?"

Fortunately, my father was nowhere to be found, so he came to work on time, although he also fell asleep very late.

Luna smelled a fragrant scent and for a second forgot all her worries.

"What is this smell?"

Luna asked Emma, ​​admiring the food they usually ate on her birthday.

"I tried my best.  I haven't cooked food for my lady for a long time. "Emma answered confidently.

"It seems too much ..."

On the table was a roast duck with spices, a soup with different types of seafood, and a freshly made salad with fresh fruit.

"Oh, don't worry about money.  While you were not at home, the baron ate almost nothing, so we have plenty of food. "

I wasn't worried about that.  Just after a long sleep, it was too much.  But I think Emma would be hurt if I refused this food because she tried so hard to cook all this.  So Luna took and tasted some salad.

"So tasty!"

"What a relief.  Eat more.  But leave room for dessert. "

"Do we have dessert at home?"

Luna didn't notice in surprise as she began to chew the soup.

"By the way, how many people do you need in the kitchen?"

"Of people?  What kind of people? "

Emma tilted her head at the unexpected question.

"You cook a lot, go shopping, organize everything here alone ..."

"Thank you for the compliment, young lady.  One is enough for me. "

Emma responded confidently, saying that she could do everything herself.

"But wouldn't it be more convenient if you have assistants?"

"Maybe.  But do we eat that much?  I don't have much work to do, so I am quite enough. "

Without waiting for Luna's answer, Emma repeated: "I feel good alone."

The next moment Laura entered the dining room, Luna asked her if she also needed someone else to help.

"More people?  Um, well?  It would be nice, of course, but then I will have nothing to do, so I will be messing around. "

"Okay ... What if we have a bigger mansion?"

"If there are more, of course, you will need more people.  But now we have enough for now. "- said Emma.

So what if the mansion doubles in size?  Then the staff too?

So nine people will be enough?  In the novels and cartoons that I saw in my past life, there were a lot of people in the homes of aristocrats.  Nine should be enough?

'I don't know for sure, but it should probably be enough,' I thought to myself as I ate the delicious duck meat that Emma had cooked.

"Lady!  The carriage arrived from the store, did you order anything? "

With that, Henry entered the dining room.

I thought it would take longer, but apparently they stayed up all night packing my order.

"Shop?  Aren't you wrong Henry? "

Emma asked in surprise as she chewed on the duck meat. Luna said: