Assassin AU

This one is from Jeleego

Summary: Jay is a hired assassin out for one of the Smith siblings. His client wants revenge against the parents for something that happened in the past, but since they had disappeared and left the son in charge of the Fire Sect, Jay's client has set their sight upon Kai instead. And whatever happened in the past or reasons for making another pay isn't any of Jay's business, nor is it anything he cares about. What he is concerned about is the promise of a lot of money that would let him care for his struggling parents. So Jay's currently on a mission to track down Kai's sister Nya who does a good job of keeping a low profile in Ignacia. If Jay befriends her she would become his access to Kai. However, as time moves on, Jay didn't expect their feelings to get in the way, especially his. While he falls more in love with Nya he finds himself conflicted with the possibility of destroying her world if he goes through with the job. Would the money be worth her despair? Could he continue with this façade? Was he really this amoral?

Bonus: There are different sects (based on elements) in the land of Ninjago that pretty much govern themselves, but kind of under the middle sect (which would be what Wu, Garmadon, and Lloyd are.....) Basically there's just the main elements of creation (earth, ice, fire, and lightning) sects and the other elements live within those lands. But they all kind of answer to the middle sect. (If any of this makes sense)

Double bonus: The element of lightning has been missing for years (maybe with the previous generation) and maybe the other sects believe the element of lightning did something that hurt them in some way.

In reality it was the villain trying to get the elements to fight so they'd destroy Ninjago, but the lightning element destroyed themselves trying to protect everyone else (except the leader hid her baby with a couple in the desert.... Aka Jay was given to Ed and Edna), but the other elements don't know this because they were fed a lie.

Other bonus: If a certain cursed villain from Skybound is behind it and is manipulating Jay in a way because he discovered who Jay really is.