Royal AUs (Pt1)

I love this idea, but I don't think I will have time to ever write this one.

Summary: (from SRJStudiosRKD ) Jay is a prince and Nya is his guard/knight.

Opener: There were only three specific activities that made Nya feel at peace: being submerged in water, meditating at the temple, and maintaining her weapons.

The sharp rasp of metal grinding metal resonated in her ears as she dragged the sharpening stone across the blade of her katana. The sound was soothing to her, a way to decompress after a fierce battle or a long day of training.  Or after a long day of listening to Prince Jay talk her ear off. 

Prince Jay was heir to the Lightning Kingdom, endowed with the elemental power of lightning and a motor mouth that could make the most vicious of enemies weep.  Despite his silver spoon, he was a decent warrior, holding his own in training and battle.  To the outsider, he was every princess' dream: charming, attractive, rich.  But to Nya, his royal bodyguard, tasked with guarding him since she was a young lass, he was a chauvinistic, self-absorbed, narcissistic prick. (And ok fine, he was kinda hot).

Guarding Prince Jay all day was more draining than babysitting quadruplet toddlers.   When the temple was closed and when the royal pools were unavailable, Nya would hole up in her room cleaning and checking her weapons.  Except, her quiet time was being invaded.

Evidently, the reason why she was not spending the evening decompressing from a long day with Prince Jay, was because she was spending the evening with Prince Jay.

"I mean, am I just too picky?" he asked her ceiling as he reclined on *her* bed.  The nerve of him, lying on a young maiden's bed without permission, no less, the bed of his bodyguard.  He let out an exasperated sigh, one that Nya wished she could echo.

"Father and Mother want me to marry a princess," he continued and Nya tried to focus on her equipment, "That severely limits the bachelorette pool for me."

"How terrible for you," Nya mused sarcastically, checking the sharpness of the blade.

Additional ideas/plot:

(Traveling somewhere - from Dissmisery )

Jay: Why are you sleeping on the floor?

Nya: Cause you're a monarch and you get the carriage's bed.

Jay: I mean, it's big enough—

Nya: Go to sleep.

Jay: ...

Jay: Well I usually sleep with a plushie. But I do not have one at this moment. So you could technically help out by replacing it.

Nya: (throws her blanket at him) Hug this, milord.

Prince Jay: Yeah sure concubines are cool but I want a woman with a brain, someone who is the counter point to my soul.

Knight Nya: I am both offended and swooning, how dare you make me feel so many things at once, you are lucky you are my meal ticket do you not understand how many sharp weapons I have on me right now???

More plot: Jay has always had a crush on her but knows he can't be with her. Jay crushing first even though Nya's a complete tsundere.  Nya slowly realizes she has always had a crush on him too. Super slow burn.