Tea

(Another short bit with Vilkas and Lia... because my kids went back to school and caught something, so now the whole house has a nasty cold, and I'm living on herbal tea right now.)

Lia sighed as she walked back into their bedroom and Vilkas groaned again.

"Why'd you give this to me?" He complained grumpily pulling the blanket more tightly around him.

"I tried not to," she replied sympathetically, and she honestly did feel bad as her husband began coughing again.

She'd gone out hunting vampires in the frigid marshes of Morthal and come home a horrible mess. A cure disease potion had solved most of her problems, but there was no cure for a cold.

She'd been laid up in bed for a week with aches and pains, a cough, a headache, and a sore throat. Vilkas had lovingly taken care of her for several days before inevitably catching it himself.

Fortunately Lia had been getting better by the time Vilkas was really under the weather.

"You were the one who still insisted on kissing me while I was that sick," she teased as she set down the mug of tea she'd made him.

Vilkas grumbled something incoherent while Lia sat down beside him and began to rub his shoulders through the blanket.

He had only kissed her forehead while she was sick, but he'd also rubbed her back and cuddled up to keep her warm and comfortable. Lia had appreciated his company and affection, but she was pretty sure that had been how he'd gotten sick too.

"Come on," she prodded gently, "sit up and drink your tea, it'll help."

There was a lot more groaning, but Vilkas rolled over and made his way to a vaguely upright position and accepted the mug of tea she'd made. He took a careful sip and then quirked an eyebrow at her.

"You were right," he admitted in a hoarse voice that made him sound even more grumpy than usual, "it is better with honey."

"I told you," Lia smirked, "now if only my brother could send me some lemons or oranges from down south, I could really make you a good honey-lemon-spice tea."

"Elderflower is better for colds anyway," Vilkas grumbled.

"Well when I was a kid there was nothing a good honey-lemon-ginger tea didn't help," Lia countered, gently rubbing Vilkas's back as he sipped his tea.

"When I was a kid we didn't get sick often enough to worry about it," Vilkas grumbled.

"Ah yes, invincible Nords," she teased.

"No, we just had better sense than to go traipsing through Morthal's marshes at this time of year," he retorted.

"And apparently better sense than to go kissing on strange Imperial women who did..." Lia joked.

"That too," Vilkas grunted, and Lia could see he was hiding a slight smirk behind his mug of tea now.

Lia sat beside him and gently leaned forward and kissed the side his forehead.

"Sorry love," she sighed reaching around him to rub his shoulders.

Vilkas groaned and leaned into her touch. "Don't worry," he grumbled, "I'm thinking of a few ways you can make it up to me when I get better."

"Oh I'm sure you are," Lia smirked.