XXXIII. Shanghaied-Part VII.

Start from the beginning

"Damn, how the fuck did you even get over here?" He turned around to walk up next to Jun.

Jun just shrugged his shoulders in response. He honestly didn't know how he made it out of Huaza as well.

"Well kid, amuse me about the mine if you come back. I'm as curious as you are." Sámávad's mood seemed to lighten up at Jun telling him that he was from Huaza.

"I'm not a kid." Jun told him plainly.

"Then how much of an old man are you?" Sámávad then gestured to his own face. "Are you a well preserved centenarian like me?"

Jun felt uncomfortable about telling him his age. He shuffled in his place a little before answering nervously. "Um...n-nineteen..." Sámávad's eyes widened to where Jun thought they were going to fall out.

"Aw you're a baby!" He felt as Sámávad ruffled his hair. "Now off with you!"

Jun was pushed towards the stairs as he tried to fix his ruffled up hair. He walked up the stairs and noticed that Sámávad did a small wave at him before going back to his map.

His face was blasted with a wave of humidity as he opened the trapdoor back into the main room of the building.

Jun saw the dark skinned woman, that he now knew was named Salamin, was still behind the counter along with Arkshan drinking from a tall glass.

"...and the sailors I used to work alongside with in Leviathan Bay used to have this game..."

The pungent smell of alcohol hung in the air which wafted up into Jun's nose.

Salamin turned around and noticed Jun as he walked to the front of the counter. "Oh you're finally out of the dungeons. For a moment I thought that his snake had eaten you!"

Jun shrugged his shoulders at her as he also didn't know what happened before talking to Sámávad.

One second he was in excruciating pain. The next, he was laying on the stone cold floor healed. And apparently the snake had healed him as well.

Wasn't Arkshan injured too?

It seemed odd that Mälándi only noticed his injury. Curiosity started to take over him as he looked over at Arkshan's side.

But there was nothing.

He looked all around his torso as discreetly as he could to see if it wasn't somewhere he didn't think of.

But there was absolutely no scar or injury on Arkshan. Jun didn't know if Mälándi also healed him. Though the half-dragon wasn't nearly as injured as he was.

Arkshan stood up from leaning on the counter and downed the entirety of his glass, slamming it down loudly afterwards.

Jun stared with thinned lips at what he just witnessed. And it wasn't no normal sized glass either.

"By the way Jun, since you're here. I was just talking to Arkshan here earlier about the newest Falin shop that had opened up recently. It carries all types of Falin foods and preserves, perfect for an adventure that's ready to set sail! And it's close by!"

Salamin seemed very enthusiastic about this new shop, but to Jun it was all Western to him.

"Where's Falin?" Jun questioned nervously, he noticed Arkshan staring down at him.

As if daring him to ask another question.

"It just refers to the United Western Kingdoms as a whole." Salamin took a bite of something while Jun felt himself getting pulled backwards.