IV. Peculiar Client-Part IV.

Arkshan...sounds oddly...nice...

Jun thought to himself as he looked up to the evening sky through the thick canopy branches.

The light blue sky was turning dark blue to the east and turned lighter as it stretched over to the west where the sun was setting. Specks of orange, pink, and purple could be seen on the right side of the few feathery white clouds in the sky.

Suddenly a dewdrop from above fell into his eye, causing him to do a small yelp and sit up rubbing where the water fell.

"So um," Jun started as he turned to Misaki, "can you please elaborate on who Arkshan is?"

Jun had never heard a name like that before ever in his life.

It didn't sound like it came from anywhere in the known world. Like it was ancient or had antiquated origins. The only names that sounded similar to the name were those of dragons.

Not just any species that spoke the language of dragons, or reptilian for that matter. But a pure-blooded dragon.

Jun felt his heart start to race at the thought.

The strange thing was that his heart wasn't racing out of fear or worry. But something else entirely that Jun didn't know what it was. He had only felt this one other time before.

The sound of Misaki saying "Aiya!" drew Jun's attention away from his rapid heartbeat.

"How do you not know about Arkshan?!" Misaki started while she plopped into the chair across from Jun. "Are you from Koami? Right?"

"Y-yeah..." Jun answered halfheartedly, watching her pinch the bridge of her nose with a sigh.

"Everyone knows who Arkshan is throughout the known world. He is known as The Harbinger of Syóyeong. An infamous mercenary and bounty hunter that is known to let his greed and pride guide him."

Misaki sounded as if she was talking about the legend of something demonic or evil of sorts. Jun fiddled with the string's of the bow on the collar of his tunic while he spoke.

He had no idea what Syóyeong was, but it wasn't one of the thirteen Eastern kingdoms.

"You make it sound as if he's a demon."

Misaki scoffed at his statement and stared him in the eyes. Jun noticed and felt like his heart was going to stop.

His fingers froze from what they were doing.

"Well, what I didn't tell you is that he's half-dragon and half-human."

Jun mouthed "o" as he now understood why everyone would be so afraid of one person. It also explained why his name sounded ancient.

No matter where in the world someone goes, it is common knowledge and understanding that all dragons are evil beings.

Beings that either have been cast out of heaven or crawled out from the depths of the underworld.

The word dragon was synonymous with evil. They embodied the evils of greed, pride, and violence as that was their tempers and demeanors.

Though not every dragon is animalistic and can even communicate in Common with humans.

But that was usually for telling nearby villages, towns, or kingdoms to give them tribute, even wandering merchants and caravans.

There were many different species of dragons that inhabited the world and had different abilities and powers according to that. Though dragons are not magical creatures, there were very few dragons that were able to learn how to use magic.