XXI. Harbinger-IV.

Start from the beginning

"That's none of your business," Jun answered curtly as he looked away. A finger was then felt on his chin, causing him to look back up at Vidim.

"'None of my business'? Sound like Arkshan now. Don't tell me you actually like being his slave?"

A hint of sympathy could be heard in Vidim's voice while he looked down at Jun with worried eyes.

And he was right.

"What do you want then?"

"Those women back in inn sort of bothering me. I don't want people who think I just go around with anyone. Then I noticed you." Vidim lowered his voice as he got a little closer to Jun's ear. "I can tell you're someone who deserves respect as you respect others. You're sick of people using you because you're nice. Easterners like yourself deserves someone who is willing to give you that earned respect."

Vidim licked Jun near his ear. Sending a cold shiver down through his body.

"And I'm willing to give you that respect."

A gasp escaped Jun's lips as he heard the words that came out of his mouth.

This man knew exactly what he's been thinking the entire time he's been here in the West.

He licked his lips as he thought carefully on Vidim's words. Arkshan told him not to service others.

But he hasn't done it in so long.

The last time was back in Nuoach Bay.

And the events he's gone through up until this point hadn't helped him to suppress the desire either. Plus that was why he even decided to become a prostitute anyways.

To forget and get paid for doing it.

"How much?" Jun inquired bluntly as he stopped leaning against the shop's wall.

He felt a smile come to Vidim's face as a hand made its way around his waist.

"We'll speak more in your inn's room." Vidim lead him out of the alley and back once again at the inn. His hand slowly making its way under his shirt and tracing his hips.

————

Arkshan jostled through the cloaked people crowding the apothecary's glass door and entered the store.

Whore... He fumed in anger.

Arkshan could feel the water boiling in his chest, its steam flowed out of his nose. People from the crowd made way for him as he entered the store.

He looked around the large apothecary while he looked for the section that had what he was looking for.

It was easy for him to find the aisle that was growing the plants he needed because of his height. He was taller than the somewhat high shelves and rows and all of the anonymous people that scurried about or stood in a long line at the counter.

Arkshan made his way in long strides as he pushed the vines and large leaves that hung from the ceiling away from his hair and face.

His tongue flickered unconsciously as he scanned at the plants below him, causing him to smell the scents of the greenhouse-like shop. As his tongue touched the roof of his mouth he winced while the overload of various strong scents went through him.

There were strong smells of rosemary, sage, dill, basil, and many other common herbs and plants used in Yimpanian magic and alchemy.

But the strongest smell was that of hawthorn, which was right in front of him. It smelled extremely pungent of decaying tissue.