XV. Duplicity-Part V.

Start from the beginning

Jun hadn't been doing anything relating to meditating as he has never thought he would need to use his powers again.

Especially with being a prostitute.

As he knew he would never do business with the supernatural or any type of creature within his lifetime.

Or ever for that matter.

So he had sort of low tama to begin with and the encounter with the seua ying just caused him to have really low reserves now.

With low tama he can't use his powers, at least safely. He could use his powers forcibly but then he would die as it would use up the last of his tama. As tama is his actual life spirit for which he is using.

Come to think of it, yintama is actually very self destructive.

Jun's philosophy session with himself was cut short by footsteps coming down wooden stairs. He looked to his right to see a man holding a paper with lots of foreign writing on it in various sizes.

The man was really tall as he waltzed through the kitchen and paid no mind to Jun.

He had red hair, just like the bar woman, along with a short boxed beard in the same color. A simple white shirt with rolled up sleeves to his elbows, dark brown pants, and a dark green apron was worn by him.

And the metal necklace around his neck. Jun guessed he either was the husband or the son of the bar woman. Jun guessed the latter as he looked around Anabieta's age.

Footsteps could be heard again coming down the wooden stairs and Jun looked to see that this time it was Anabieta. And she seemed to be holding a wooden box of sorts.

It reminded Jun of his mother's sewing box, but his mother's was extremely lavish in how it was decorated and what it was made out of. This sewing bow just seemed to be made out of regular wood and was simply constructed.

Jun watched as she kneeled down on the floor next to him and opened the sewing box on the floor.

"Um, I could get a chair for you," Jun offered, he noticed that the kitchen's floor was made out of hard stone.

"Oh no I am perfectly fine. You Easterners are very considerate like I've heard," Anabieta said in a soft, singsong voice.

Jun was startled by her voice and that she didn't have as thick of an accent like her mother's. But what took Jun aback by the most was her wording.

She used Easterner.

Jun was in awe, unlike her hag of a mother who just threw respect out the window and set it alight for extra pizzazz.

Jun looked down at Anabieta in admiration while she fiddled with some thread and a needle. She licked the thread and pulled it through the eye of the needle.

He was surprised that the thread was the same color as his white tunic. Even though he could easily buy another tunic, he would rather keep the one he had on as it reminded him of the East.

Jun sat in slightly uncomfortable silence while he waited for her to finish fixing up his tears. He tried to make light conversation but she beat him to it.

"I've never met Easterner up close before. They're always on their boats or on docks." It sounded as if Anabieta read Jun's mind.

For some reason Jun had an uncanny feeling about this town, Vosorod. Maybe it was how there wasn't even a soul outside walking in the nighttime or how Anabieta spoke to him in such a soft spoken tone.

Or how it seemed that everyone here wore the same metal necklace.

Jun looked down at her and the necklace glistened at him.