𝘔𝘐𝘚𝘚𝘌𝘋

After the death of Artemis and her funeral, Y/N cared more about the others around her than herself

After the death of Artemis and her funeral, Y/N cared more about the others around her than herself. She would work for long hours, do her usual hero work and stay up late crying to herself about how she allowed herself to be blinded by rage to care about one of her bestfriends getting killed. She was so busy trying to tear Aqualad limb for limb that she didn't even realize his intentions. Dick realized what Y/N was doing. She was using him and work and a coping mechanism. Not eating regularly, sleeping a lot, up till late. 

All the tell tail signs of her guilt. Y/N felt guilty. It was no is her fault why Artemis died. Dick never meant for this, this mission to get so far. To the fact he was watching the woman he loves so much not take care of herself. It broke his heart too know that he was the cause of this. 

Seeing as it's Y/N's day off she decides to get ready and spend it at the cave. She got ready putting on a purple cropped hoodie, a black skirt and black boots. She zetas to the cave to find only Wolf around. "Baby!" She squealed as he ran to tackle her. Seeing as how close she is to Conner, Wolf was no different. After telling Nightwing that she's spending the day she went to he kitchen to make Conner his birthday cake. Although Meghan would always throw him parties each year, they broke up so it really wasn't her thing to do anymore. 

Y/N however would never forget his birthday and always made cake on her own. Putting said cake into the oven she got to making the icing listening to music as she did so. She finished up and waited around 25 minutes for the cake to finish, she took it out and left it to cool. She iced the cake with 'Happy Birthday Fatass' then left it in the fridge. For the rest to the day until Conner came back she lounged around and ended up sleeping in his bed in one of his shirts with Wolf. 

Conner came back to his room after school and found Y/N in his room only just waking up. "What are you doing?" "Getting up from sleeping." Conner laughs before leaving so Y/N can put on her clothes. When she left, she went to the kitchen and took the cake out of the fridge. "Conner!" She called. He ran into the kitchen excitedly seeing the cake on the counter. "Happy Birthday sweet ass." She smiled lighting the candles on he cake starting to sing the happy birthday sonh.He blew them out and cut the cake enjoying every bite. "Thank you Y/N. Your the only one who remembered this year." He said. 

"I will always remember your birthday. Your my brother." She hugged the man and left him to enjoy the cake. Watching Dick do his usual she sat listening to music and petting Wolf. "Hi. I'm Impulse!" "Uh hi?" Y/N answered quite confused. "I'm Impulse, I'm from the future. You?" "I'm Black Snow but call me Y/N." She smiled shaking his hand. Impulse left, 'She's nice she just doesn't talk much.'

"Babe follow me." Dick said extending his hand to the woman on the wolf. "What for?" She giggled taking his hand. Dick lead her outside onto the beach. "Wanna watch the sunset with me?" He chuckled. "Always." The two sat in silence Y/N wrapped in Dick's arms. "Baby? I have to say something." Y/N sighed. Dick hummed in response kissing her cheek. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I worried you after Artemis' death. I didn't mean to hurt you." She spoke a single tear running down her cheek. "Your right it did hurt to see you hurt the person that I cherish and love with all my heart, but I'm glad you realized. I forgive you." 

Author's note
Hella short but cute <3