Chapter 8 - Alexithymia

Britain heard England yell out since he wasn't too far, and he also heard a lightning boom. Two things that should not go together.

He runs back and sees the crime scene.

"Oh no..." Britain says out loud without realizing.

England was over the person and looks at Britain with fear and tears. "I-I-I'm s-s-sorry... I-I-"

"England, hey, hey. It's not your fault..." Britain said while going next to the person as well.

"But..." England croaks out.

"Just focus. This person isn't dead; They're still breathing." Britain said seeing their chest rise and fall. He heard England sigh in relief. Britain looks at the flag of the person but was interrupted by England.

"What are we going to do?" He says, very panicky.

"I'm not sure-"

"What if they tell people I'm a witch?"

"I don't think-"

"What if I'm put in a cage then put in a bag to drown?!" England said as tears started to fall down his face.

Britain stands up and puts a hand on England's shoulder. "Hey, hey. It's okay. We'll just... make up an excuse."

"Excuse?! What excuse? I elected them!"

"Calm down, England," Britain said, grabbing England's shoulders. "Deep breathes." England was still pretty panicked. "In. And out. In. And out."

England followed his instructions.

"Calm?"

"Yeah... I'm calm. Perfectly fine..."

"You don't seem fine." A voice said behind them.

They both look over and see the person awake and rubbing their head. The two just stare as the person opens their blue-grey eyes.

"What? Did you two think I was dead?" The female asks. The two don't answer. "Ah. You did." She stands up and stretches and doesn't look at the two. "You gotta be careful with those powers of yours Blondy."

England blinks in confusion. "Pardon?"

"You two looked my age so I investigated when I saw you wandering in this forest. But you two looked tired so I left you, then came back in the morning. Then I get greeted by Blondy."

"I-..." England sighs. "I'm not a blonde."

"No? You're human form has blonde hair."

Britain scoffed-laughed. "My name is Britain. England here didn't mean to hurt you little lady, he was-"

"Hey! Let's get one thing straight." The female country goes up to Britain and stares at him, dead in his royal eyes. "I am no 'little lady'. You can call me Ma'am or call me by my real name, America." Britain gulps. "Got it?"

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Good. Now continue."

Britain stutters. "U-Uh... My name is... B-Britain. M-My friend, England, d-didn't mean to h-harm you... America." He was really nervous about America's look. "H-He was j-just trying t-to l-learn his p-powers. England smiles, enjoying the scene.

America looks at Britain. "Well, why didn't you say so?" She raises an eyebrow.

Britain was utterly confused, well, more confused. "U-Uh, what- I mean, excuse- Pardon?"

"If you're friend, England is just learning how to use his powers, why didn't you just say so? And not choke on your words?"

"W-Well..."

England sees it's a good time to step in. "Britain was just... Distracted and confused."

"I see," America replies. "So what kind of power do you have?"

England looks at his hand. "I'm not sure. They're all over the place."

"Then, I can help!" She says with a lot of energy.

"Really? You want to help?"

"What'd I just say?" America asks.

"Then, you're hired!" England smiles.

"Let me get my journal, then we'll start!" America doesn't walk too far before grabbing a book.

While she's over, England eyes Britain who was recovering. "So~ You and her..."

"For the love of the virgin queen, England. If you say one word..." England just laughs out loud.

⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕

After a while, England comes back. "So, There's some of my powers. Anything that you guys can help with?" He asks. A small flame on the tip of his hair. Britain licked his finger and put it out. "Thanks, Brit."

Britain smiles.

America looks at the notes he wrote. "Well, from what I've gathered... Your powers are based on your emotions."

England gave a confused look. "How? That doesn't sound normal."

"No, it's not, but then again, it's not really possible for a countryhuman to have more than one power." England thinks then nods. "So, anger makes you flame up. Sadness makes a rain cloud appear over your head. Fear makes you sparky. Lastly, happiness makes vines grow from you."

England's eyes widen slightly. "Wow. I didn't think how simple, my powers were."

"Yeah." America shrugs with a smile. "I mean- it only took all day to get this information," America said, looking up at the dim sky. "Hate to say it... but I need to head back to my house. My brothers will worry... I mean- Union will worry."

"Oh, I see," Britain says. "It was nice meeting you, America," Britain said.

"Woah, Woah. Before we say goodbye like we'll never see each other again, where are you two staying?"

England and Britain looks at each other. "Uh, here."

"Outside?" America asks dramatically.

"Yes..." England shrugs.

America looks at them for a second. "No, no, no, no... no! You two are not sleeping outside!"

"Where else would we go?" Britain asks."

"You'll come with me!"

Britain chuckles. "No, you don't need to do that."

"Yes, I do, and will. Let's go Sparky and Royalty." America grabs them and pulls them along.

"Sparky?" England asks.

"Royalty?" Britain asks.

"Want me to change them to Sweatheart and Honey Pie?"

"No."
"No." England and Britain said in sync. They both look at each other and slightly smile.

•••••••••••

I have a writing block so the last part was kind of forced out of me.