Chapter 2 - Midnight

England was going to be sent home to the British Empire's palace as soon as it was dark. The Countryhuman had hoped to see that other Country again, but he never saw him.

England didn't have to leave yet, so there was still some hope but England gave up hope.

England was burned out from reading and wanted to do something else. He leaned back into his chair and groans.

"Sir, England." The country turned to see a servant by him. England faces them. "Do you need anything?"

"Uh, I think I'll go on a short walk. A-Alone, if that's okay."

The servant nods and leaves him alone. England stood up, stretch, then walks to the door. As he opens the door he isn't completely paying attention until he hears someone yell.

"Hey! Get back here!" The boy that England had seen before came running down the ally England was in, with a loaf of bread in hand.

The tricolored country saw England and skidded to a halt and paced back and forth, trying to decide where to go. England could tell he was deciding who to pass, the angry baker or him.

"Hey!" He whispered-yelled. "Over here!" England beckoned him in.

The countryhuman hesitated at first but he ran to England as soon as he heard the baker's angry yelling.

England shuts the door as soon as the country was in.

England sighs in relief while the mystery country pants. England turns to the other country who looks at England with friendly eyes. Again, something was familiar about him.

"Thank you, I would have been dead if it wasn't for you." The country chuckles.

"No problem... My name is England." He held out a hand.

"Mine is Britain." Britain takes it.

"You're pretty formal for a..." England stops himself.

Britain just scoffs. "Peasant?"

England rubs his neck. "I didn't mean..."

"No. You're fine. I get that sometimes." Britain smiles. They stand awkwardly for a second. "Anyway, thanks." Britain took a bite of the bread.

"Why was that guy after you?" England sits on a chair nearby, Britain sits in front of him.

"I stole some of his bread." Britain continues to eat the bread.

"You stole it?" England asks, a little loud, but obviously confused. Why Britain would ever do such a thing?

"Well, I need food. I can't buy it because I don't have anything to buy it with."

England was confuzzled. "Okay..." Then, they both heard someone coming. England gasps, "Hide!"

Britain goes under the table, England facepalms, he stands up and tries to meet the person before they came too close and see Britain.

"England." It was a servant. "It's time to go."

"O-Oh! Okay! Do I-"

"We must leave now, The Empire said you must come home."

"Are you sure I can't-"

"You don't want to keep him waiting... do you?" England knew what the servant was talking about.

"...O-Okay." England walks forward, he looks back at Britain, they just look at each other until England disappears.

⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕