17. Two faithful souls

Start from the beginning

We enjoyed spending our free hours there, even if we felt observed every single time. I was waiting for the moment when we would be chased by some creature, leaving us with a story to tell about how we ran for our lives.

No risk, no fun, as the poets say.

"Yet, you were the only one who was simply being a brat," she tilted her head to the side playfully.

"You enjoy teasing me, don't you, Narcissa?" I hummed, crossing my arms on my chest.

"Oh, it is entertaining, indeed," a soft laugh left her lips. "Looking at how you get all flustered and red-faced. It may have come to my notice, it excites you. It has an interesting impact on you." she carefully fondled her hand against my cheek. "Little whore," her whisper made its way straight into my ear.

Her eyes connected with the reflection of mine. The way she was smiling in such an innocent way after saying those two words was unbelievable.

I was sure she heard my heart speed its race, making my blood pump faster and a blush decorate my cheeks. It was just as she said. Not to mention this tingling feeling in my lower part.

"Cassie, I'm ready!" Draco yelled from the hallway.

"And what are you going to do about it?" I cocked an eyebrow at Narcissa and stepped away from the mirror.

I grabbed my things from the bed and winked at her before leaving the room.

"My oh, my," I admired Draco's black suit, with the button-up in the same colour and all the silver accessories finishing the look. "You look magnificent, Draco."

"Well, of course, darling. That's why I needed a few more minutes."

"Few minutes? You mean half an hour," I teased and buttoned his jacket.

"It's all about the details," he tried to justify himself. "But have you seen yourself? You look beautiful, Cassiopeia," he smiled sweetly.

I have never heard such honest words from him. Draco complimented me when I looked nice, but not in this way. It was always more of a looking good, Cass or look at you, girl. Never more, never less.

"I think this is the most genuine compliment you have ever said to me." I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him, "Thank you,"

"I can't tell who should keep an eye on who. You both enjoy having fun, so I want you to be careful," Narcissa joined our conversation, giving us the look.

"You don't have to worry, mum. If anything, I have a stronger head than our dear Cassie," he teased me, as I let go of him. 

"You got this from me, love. Your father isn't the strong type to drink," she said in a quiet tone, in case Mr. Malfoy was somewhere around.

"Oh, yes. I remember," he scratched his nape and let out a single laugh. "I will make sure she doesn't start dirty dancing, just like she did with Pansy."

"You are so glad your mum is here," I sent him a death stare, yet he only laughed.

"I think you enjoy partying, Cassiopeia, don't you?" Narcissa raised an eyebrow.

This night is going to haunt me forever.

"You might call it that way, yes," I shifted my eyes to her and sent her a nervous grin.

Draco busted out laughing at my awkwardness, causing me to roll my eyes.

After a few more words we said our goodbyes to Narcissa and all of us parted ways. Draco and I walked down the halls and reached the staircase.