VegasPete | Chapter 10

Start from the beginning

"Hey, hey. Calm down. What are you talking about?" Macau walked over and pulled my hand away from my subordinate's arm.

"Nop, answer me. Pete is still in the room, right?!" I wanted to hear the answer coming from Nop's mouth. It was just the answer I want to hear. Other than that, I still don't know what I should do next.

"Hey! Hey, what are you talking about? Hey!" Macau kept holding me back from trying to get out of the bed.

"How did I get here, Macau?" I didn't even feel the pain in my head anymore. The only thing left was the torment that was raging in his mind like madness.

"Well, last night you slipped on the floor and hit your head. Me, Nop, and the others took you to the hospital, brother." Macau still held me back and explained why I was in the hospital. The doctors and nurses stood at a distance to watch the incident.

"Mr. Kornwit, I think you shouldn't move your body too much."

"Did you tell Macau about it?" I grabbed the collar of Nop's shirt and pulled him towards me.

"I don't dare to tell the truth," he said softly.

"Where's Pete?! I'm asking you where Pete is!" I raised my voice at Nop. I can't control myself again. It was as if all sides of my darkness came back in my heart. I immediately glared at the idiot who didn't answer me.

"Who?! Where is Pete?! Who do you mean Pete?!"

"Mr. Kornwit, calm down."

When my mood peaked, all my emotions that hasn't been shown for a long while passed their limits and revealed all at once. I haven't been this type of Vegas for a long time. But today, I really can't stand it anymore. I want to go on a rampage. I want to throw things. I want to erupt my emotions like I did before.

"Let go! Release me! Hand me your car keys! I said get me your car keys now!" I yanked the saline hose with force until it ripped out of my arm. The doctor and nurses all rushed over to me, but I didn't care. I pushed away everyone who tried to reach me. I went straight to the idiot, pulling the car keys out of his pants' pocket.

"Boss Vegas. Boss Vegas, calm down."

"Hey, hey. What are you doing?!"

"Mr. Kornwit!"

The whole room was in chaos. Although I don't where my strength came from. I easily pushed everyone away, even the doctor who was trying to hold me back. I half-walked half-ran out of the room. Eyes of passersby looked at me in shock because blood started to seep out of my arm. I headed straight to the VIP parking lot. And of course, it's not difficult to find the car from my house because there are only a few cars that can be parked here. I unlocked the car and immediately sat inside and locked the door.

"Boss Vegas!" Nop and a few other men ran after me, but I immediately stepped on the accelerator and sped off.

Along the way, I was confused, anxious, and unable to think of anything. My chest also felt tight as if someone was about to suffocate me all the time. It's a torture that I already know. In my mind, I already know the answer that he wouldn't be there waiting for me like he used to. But I want to fool myself, I guess. Just for once in my life, I have hope. Like when I'm with him... He made me realize that in reality, there is always a way out of misery in our lives. Even he who had encountered a lot can still smile and live with it. He taught me to learn to deal with my own emotions. Even if you encounter something heavy, we can think of it as a small matter. It will make everything look easier.

Pete's comforting words were like pulling me out of my stupid and dark life. It was like having someone's hand holding me every time. His words that said "It's going to be okay" echoes in my mind. It's like reminding me every time not to go astray again. I used to look at him as if he didn't even deserve to say those words to me because he was in a difficult position. But just a smile or a sincere look in his eyes always made me feel alive...