28 | a love unlike any other

Bắt đầu từ đầu

     At exactly 9:30, the doors slid open. (Name) turned around to see a nurse, but her appearance deeply unnerved her. The petite stature and long blonde hair instantly reminded (Name) of Kamiko, but she wasn't. (Name) noted the nurse's hair had a tint of red, making the colour somewhat salmon toned. Her eyes were also a piercing hazel, contrast to Kamiko's sapphire ones.

      " (Name)-sama, it's time for your medicine. "

The (h/c) haired girl stared at the tray set on the nightstand, and it was full of several odds and ends, such as syringes and pills. 
     " Your hand please,  (Name)-sama. "
The nurse roughly dabbed some rubbing alcohol on (Name)'s skin, and the look of distaste was evident on her face.
She picked up a syringe, which was filled with an odd, clear substance.
      " You know,  (Name)-sama, I used to have a cousin. She really dedicated her life to love..." the nurse sighed.

(Name) raised an intrigued eyebrow. " She sounds like a nice person, " she smiled, afraid that she might hurt the nurse's feelings.
     " Nice? " she chuckled. " Oh yes she is. Miko-chan was always so kind and innocent. I wouldn't even imagine her hurting anyone. "

" Miko? That's her name?" (Name) asked abruptly. The nurse nodded. " But you know,  (Name)-sama, some people just can't stand seeing other people happy. Miko-chan was arranged to go on a date one night, with one of the most distinguished men of Suna. Ah, she looked so pretty that night. "

" What happened to Miko? " (Name) blurted, eager to find out what came next. That moment, the nurse's bright smile faded. Her expression darkened as she reached out for (Name)'s arm and gripped it tightly.

" The guy never contacted her again after the date, mainly because he found another woman. The things is, Miko-chan liked him very much. She would've had him if he hadn't met the other woman. "

The nurse's low and venomous voice discomforted (Name), and she tried to pull her arm away, but the nurse's grip was stronger.
     " Do you have any idea who the guy is? " the nurse inquired. (Name) shook her head, fear making its presence known. 
The nurse chuckled again. " You should know, (Name)-sama. I'm sure you know the Kazekage right. And the other woman?  You can figure it out yourself. "

' Miko-chan? Miko? Don't tell it's... '

" Kamiko Oshiro.. My cousin Kamiko..  I would never imagine her hurting anyone. She's nothing more than a victim of love.. Now, she is an international criminal. All because of you. She had unfinished business with you. It's alright though. I'm a good cousin. I'll finish you off for her." That was when the nurse pierced (Name)'s skin with the tip of the syringe.
  (Name) tried to fight her off, but her weak condition made her unable to.
" There there (Name)-sama. Why fight so hard? You should be grateful, I'm putting you to eternal sleep. You'll be able to rest, (Name)-sama..." the nurse seethed.

Startled, (Name) let out a scream. Instantly, guards flooded into the room. The nurse, however,  didn't back away - not even an inch. She slowly moved the syringe away from (Name)'s arm, and gave everyone a brief relief. Only briefly though.
The syringe was now pointed at (Name)'s neck.

Kankurou and Chae-yeon walked through the hospital halls, hand in hand. The staff eyed the two, some in complete envy, and some with hearts in their irises.
They approached (Name)'s ward, and were surprised to see it in a ruckus. The guards flooded the entire place, and Kankurou quickly slipped through to get inside. 
    " Chae-yeon! Contact Gaara. Tell him to come here immediately, " he burst. His breath hitched when he saw the scene unfolding in the hospital room. 

His ex girlfriend, Suzuna Oshiro had a syringe full of arsenic pointed directly at (Name)'s neck. Kankurou's eyes narrowed at the sight of Suzuna, and was even more repulsed. 
     " Kankurou, " Suzuna murmured, her eyes meeting his. 
  " Let (Name) go Suzuna. She's not at fault. Please let her go, " Kankurou begged. He was unwilling to see his brother suffer again. He knew the decision he would make now had Suna's fate on stake.

      " But if it wasn't for her, Miko-chan wouldn't have been named an international criminal! " Suzuna yelled, tears flowing down her cheeks. 
" Your cousin is nothing more than a crazy and selfish bitch! Stop making it sound as if she is innocent. You and her are just the same! " his temper was starting to grow rapidly.
" I'm asking this for the last time Suzuna. Let. (Name). Go. Is it so hard for you to understand? "
Suzuna let out a blood curling scream, as if she was purposely trying to destroy her vocal cords. " Yes! Yes it's hard to understand! I hate you, all of you! And I don't care if I'm going to die, I will drag this bitch to hell with me! "

Kankurou grabbed a gun from one of the guards and prepared to point it at Suzuna, but he felt his movements stop. He started to remember the sweet moments they once cherished together. He gritted his teeth and shut his eyes, tears slowly formed in his eyes. 
   " You can't do it? How weak! " Suzuna taunted. 

Kankurou was shaking with rage, but then he felt a comforting hand on his shoulder. " It's alright Kankurou. I'll handle this. Girl to girl, " Chae-yeon soothed as she pulled up the sleeves of her white button up. 
" Lower your guns! There's no need for weapons in this, " she shouted. 

" What can you do huh? After I'm done with this wench I'll take care of you! " Suzuna yelled.
Chae-yeon simply smirked, and pulled (Name) out of Suzuna's arms in a flash. She passed (Name) to Kankurou, who swiftly caught the weak-kneed girl. 
   Suzuna's breath was so loud and rapid that Chae-yeon could hear her from far away. She charged at Chae-yeon with the syringe in her arms, and tried to pierce her.

Chae-yeon knew better though, and kicked Suzuna's arm, making her drop the syringe. 
    " I'd end you here, but it's not my decision to make, " she spat.

Gaara rushed to the hospital, horrified when he found out about Kamiko's cousin attempting to murder (Name). He was relieved when Kankurou told him she was alright, but he felt completely pathetic. 
Suzuna still managed to get to (Name) despite the amount of guards outside the door. 
    " (Name)!  " he burst as he bolted in the private ward. Gaara saw her curled up in Chae-yeon's arms, tears occasionally falling from her eyes. When he got nearer, Kankurou's gaze fell upon him. He motioned Gaara to approach (Name), and said man followed exactly that.
      " (Name)," he called out, slowly picking her up and pulled her into his embrace. She was still sobbing, and wheezed occasionally. 
      " It's alright (Name).. It's alright.. I'm right here, with you, " he soothed as he hugged her tighter. 
      " I'm scared Gaara.." she murmured, her voice shaking and high pitched. " She wanted to kill me.. " 

    " Shh.. It's alright. You're safe now. " 
(Name) began to calm down at these words, and she felt her tears slowly fade. She felt her eyelids grow heavy and her breath went to a stable flow. 
    " (Name).. Let's go home. "