17 | ephemeral

Pain is never a pleasant thing , unless you are a masochist . It cuts deeply , draining all the blood from your body , until you are about as drained as a raisin . Hilarious much ? 

For the girl who is writhing in pain at the moment , it is not . The sound of the ambulance siren was sickening , making her even more in pain .

" (Name) , please hold on . We'll arrive at the hospital soon ," Arata , one of the hospital attendants that used to work with (Name) soothed . His eyes were low and sorrow as he looked at his slowly dying friend . 
In the (h/c) haired girl's mind , everything was blank , only the illusion of Gaara calming her down . 
As she lay on the ambulance bed , her life was hung onto a loose , rotting thread. Hopes of survival were close to none . No scratch that , there were no hopes of survival . Her body was far too damaged from the cancer , yet somehow she still lived . (Name) (Surname) was still alive , still breathing . 
Despite Death circling her endlessly , waving his scythe around , (Name) still lived for her endless love for a certain person was still strong in her heart . Her (e/c) eyes , once shining brightly with curiosity is now dull , tears slipping out every now and then . Those eyes witnessed so much , the definition of love , the definition of pain , and it will soon know the definition of death - except that her eyes would be closed when that happened , so they would not actually witness that . 

At the brief moments of remorse , (Name) just wanted to know what was happening to Gaara . She wanted to know whether he was smiling , whether he was crying , or even if he was throwing a rampage . 
If he was smiling , (Name) would be crying . Of course , you would not expect the person you just broke up with to be carefree only after a week of breaking up with you . But his smile was enough for this girl though . 
If he was crying , (Name) would feel guilt , and also appreciated . She would feel guilt as she had caused those tears to trickle from those seafoam eyes that she loved so much . At the same time , she would feel appreciated for Gaara still wept for her , and wanted her back . 
If Gaara was throwing a rampage , (Name) would be indifferent . She could only lay on the bed and do nothing .

All of a sudden , (Name)'s memories started to approach her like a tsunami , crashing wildly . The bitter ones inflicting damage , and the sweet ones attempting to heal the wounds . However , (Name) had more bitter memories , and more damage was inflicted . 
However , one memory caused her to gasp . (Name) never had that memory - she never witnessed it , ever . 
It was Gaara , crying out for her , calling her name repeatedly . (Name)'s head throbbed painfully , pressure forming in her lungs . 

' These wounds won't seem to heal .
This pain is just too real .
There's just too much that time cannot erase . 

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears .
When you scream I'd fight away all of your fears . 
And I held your hand through all of these years . 
But you still have all of me '

Almost two weeks had passed since (Name) left Gaara , and since then his life became hellish . 
He locked himself in (Name)'s room , refusing to come out at all means . Everyday , Yashamaru had to climb to the balcony of (Name)'s room and place numerous food items . 
The balcony was always locked though , and despite the curtains were light coloured , he still could not see what was going on inside . 
On that particular day though , when the Kazekage was in office and Kankurou and Yashamaru went out , Gaara decided to leave the room for a while . 
The day Temari decided to give a call to Suna . As Gaara placed the phone handle back to its place , he slapped a hand across his mouth , coughing violently . 
The lack of care had took a toll on Gaara's health , and now he was just as ill as the time before (Name) was hired , just twice as depressed . Scratch that . About a thousand times more depressed .