She went to the kitchen to retrieve the starter meals, and carried it in a tray to the table. 
    " Your Summer Garden King Prawn salad, Lady Kamiko, and your Mushroom Flatbread with Black Truffles,  Kazekage-sama." 
As she set the plate in front of Gaara, her hand brushed slightly with his own. 
   (Name) felt her breath hitch, and what had her bravery earlier melted into nothingness. 

     She quickly pulled away, gave a quick bow and left again. There was no way she could stand there like a mannequin with a straight face.
      " Hey,  I heard the Kazekage is gonna marry that Oshiro girl.. " 
Her ears perked up as she heard her coworkers speaking around her.
   ' Of course... What was I thinking.. We aren't in the same world anymore.. '

" Um, Minako-san, can you take over table 21 for me?  I feel a little unwell.." she said to the young vixen.
Minako raised a perfectly drawn brow, her features turning into a frown.
   " What's wrong?  You look like you just cried.. Guy problems? " she smirked.
(Name) smiled bitterly.
' Something like that.' " No, it's just that I'm feeling a little dizzy.  I'll be fine if I lie down for several minutes. " 

The red haired vixen nodded understandingly. " Ah, I see. It's okay, go and rest. I'll take care of this couple. " 

(Name) sighed, feeling all her burden lifted off her back.
     ' Thank god.. ' 
She slowly walked to the employee's locker room and laid her back on one of the benches.
    It was relaxing, to say the least. 

Gaara stiffened slightly when he saw the waitress that brought out their main course.
The bottle red hair and seductive air of Minako was nothing similar to (Name).

" Excuse me," he spoke, glancing at Minako. "Where's the waitress from before? " 

Minako was taken aback by the question - so was Akihito who had been standing awkwardly in the background, occasionally filling the wine glasses.
    " Ah, you mean (Name)-san? She is feeling a little unwell, so she asked me to replace her," Minako answered,  still confused.

Gaara simply nodded,  but his eyes proved that he wasn't satisfied by the response.

     " So,  Gaara-kun.. Where are we going after this? " Kamiko asked, her voice all of a sudden sickly sweet and repulsive. 
Even the Rosemary Lamb Rack that had been heavenly earlier was puke worthy.
     " Home , where else." Kamiko frowned at Gaara's cold tone.
She pursed her small plump lips together, slightly annoyed.
    Kamiko had been smitten with Gaara as soon as she laid her eyes on him, and was completely committed to own him - literally.
In other words,  drag him to the aisle. 

The silky scarlet locks and calm jade eyes enthralled her, and the title of the Kazekage made her crave him even more.
      ' Lady Kamiko , wife of the Kazekage.. '

She pestered him repeatedly, trying desperately to impress him. 
There was no avail. 

When they arrived at Le Chatte Rouge, Gaara still showed no liking to her.  But Kamiko could see how his eyes dilated at the sight of a girl with (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes. The waitress in the red uniform.

She brushed it off.

However, when Gaara asked the other waitress where the girl was, Kamiko knew there was something going on. 
Something she wouldn't like. 
    ' He's bound to be mine, after all '

" Gaara-kun, we should see each other after this too, " she beamed.
  Again, Gaara didn't even bother to listen. 
     " There's no 'we'. Besides, I'm busy with my duties as Kazekage. "

It was too much for the young girl. The young, naive, demanding and immature girl.
     " But Gaara-kun! I really like you, don't you like me too? "

Gaara didn't answer. People constantly say, you stay silent if you like something. 
      " You do, don't you? I knew it,  there's no way you could resist me!  " she squealed. 

Clang! 

Kamiko shuddered at the sound of the cutleries that Gaara dropped. His eyes met Kamiko's, but they were void of the affection that she craved.
       " Listen Oshiro! I would appreciate it if you would just shut up.  Be thankful I didn't just walk out from here and leave you alone! " Gaara seethed, his voice cold and venomous.  
Kamiko felt tears slowly made their way to her eyes, and her jaw slowly hung loose.
    " But.. " she mouthed slowly, her voice stuck in her throat.

Kamiko lowered her head and quickly finished her meal. She had no desire to face Gaara again, but a deep, bitter envy slowly worked its way into her being. 
An envy so intense it could kill. An envy towards (Name) (Surname). 

It was almost midnight when (Name) woke up, and her shift was long over. She stood up, feeling her muscles ache after sleeping on the hard bench.
     " Ow... I could use some muscle patches.." she murmured. (Name) stripped off her uniform and changed into her usual attire of a hoodie and mid thigh length skirt.
   Kankurou did return her bike to the apartment complex, and there she was, cycling along the roadside.
      " Ah, midnight air!" she sighed.

' What are the chances of rain?  Nah, the odds are thin! Hohoho, it ain't gonna rain! '

(Name) resisted an intense urge to hurl her Converse shoes into the sky.
Rain started to pour, but all she could do was continue on. Her legs started to feel the strain, and the cold wetness didn't help at all. 
    ' Eh? What the heck.. '
(Name)'s eyes almost popped out of their sockets from shock at the sight of a red Ferrari right next to her in the road.
   It slowly followed her, only moving when she did. 

   ' Stalker much? ' 

No. Not really. When she caught a sight of the driver, she cycled even faster, hoping to lose him. 
   Well, between a bicycle and a Ferrari, its obvious which is faster. 
There came a time when she decided to just not give a damn, for she was purely exhausted. 
(Name) spotted a bus stop, and approached it. She parked her bicycle, and sat on the cold metal seat. 
     ' Is he gone? ' 
For a truly short while, (Name) was able to enjoy the fact that Gaara had gone away. It shortlived.

She almost screamed in outrage when she heard a car door click open, and footsteps approached the bus stop. 

There he stood, in all his glory.

      " Gaara.. "