Anaesthetic induced air filled her nostrils , and her cheeks felt slightly sore from the rubber straps of the oxygen mask . Her eyes twitched , but she was far too weak to open them .

' Where am I ? Why am I still alive ? What happened to me ? ' . 

Questions flooded her mind , her fingers twitching repeatedly . (Name) felt so weak and lifeless - it was as if all her life force had been sucked out using a vacuum . 

This time though , (Name) knew she was not in the state of dreaming . It was reality this time . She was finally conscious . (Name) opened her mouth , parting her dry and painfully cracked lips and took a deep breath .

Her chest ached a bit , but nonetheless her strength added up a bit , just a little bit .
Her body was numb , but she could move a few limbs . Slowly , (Name)'s eyes fluttered open , her chest rising up and down rapidly . 

' Oxygen mask ... Life support machine ... Heart monitor ... These things weren't here before ,' (Name) monologued . She knew , no one would provide these facilities for a dying person like herself . 

Breathing heavily , (Name) tried to sit up , but her arms were far too weak and she ended up slamming back on the back . " Ow..." was all she could mutter . ' Why am I even here ? This is the Konohagakure Public Hospital .. I can tell from the facilities . They're unavailable in Suna ...'

"(Name) ? " a voice intervened her from her thoughts . (Name) slowly turned around , her neck painfully strained . " Sakura ? " she mumbled incoherently. The pink haired nurse nodded repeatedly , her emerald eyes sparkling . Sakura sat on the chair by (Name)'s bedside , her face never so jubilant .

" (Name)! I was afraid you would never wake up ! " she almost burst . " I am awake now ..." (Name) chuckled , yet she sounded like a zombie attempting to sing . 

" Yeah .. Kazekage-sama is really worried about you . He visits you every Sunday , and keeps tabs on your condition ," Sakura exclaimed . (Name)'s eyes widened slightly . " Is that so ..."

Her lips remained closed - (Name) was speechless . " Yeah , talk about the Kazekage , I should inform him that you have awoken ," Sakura spoke , and swiftly whirled out of the room before (Name) could utter a single word . 

(Name) had no idea how to face Gaara . But deep down , she was filled with serenity - knowing how much Gaara cared about her . 

' When you truly love someone , that person would be the only thing you'd find attractive . Everyone else would look hideous . When you truly love someone , you'll find everything about the person beautiful - even the flaws the person possesses . When you truly love someone , you'll never ever forget that person . Even when you have moved on and married , have children and followed by grandchildren , that person's name would be forever engraved in the back of your mind . You would remember all the moments you spend together . You might label it as a bitter memory , but deep down they're the loveliest ones . Now rethink . Do you truly love that person ? '

" (Name) ?! " Gaara burst as he pushed the door to (Name)'s room . It was private and high class with top notch facilities , exactly as he had requested . He was eager to see (Name) , his beloved , his one and only . 

" Gaara ..." . His ears perked up at the very familiar and anticipated voice . His lips twitched into a smile - a large one at that . He turned around to face the (h/c) haired girl , content overflowing his heart .

Gaara stepped closer towards her and placed a warm hand on her cheek . Gently , he caressed her cheek and wrapped his other arm around her waist , pulling her closer to him . 

(Name) , who had been indifferent moments ago had a large smile on her face , potentially rivalling that of Gaara's .

" You're alright ," he stated fondly as he hugged her tightly , his arms secure around (Name) like a cocoon. 

" You're here ," (Name) breathed , her once pale cheeks turning a light pink . Gaara pursed a smile as he tucked a strand of hair behind (Name)'s ear .

" Why wouldn't I be ? " he grinned . The smile felt odd on Gaara's lips . It had been months since he last smiled , and now his cheeks were strained from constantly smiling . 

Gaara wanted to kiss her , to embrace her , yet he knew what (Name) truly needed at the moment was rest and support . He gently laid her back on the bed and tucked her into the duvet . " Do you feel alright ? " Gaara questioned , his voice clearly full of concern , which (Name) simply nodded to. 

" Do you need anything ? " he asked , his fingers smoothing down (Name)'s slightly tangled hair . " Can you get me some water ? " she murmured weakly .

" Of course ," Gaara responded , swiftly pouring some water from a flask nearby into a cup . 

With his free hand , Gaara propped up (Name)'s body to help her drink the water . " Thank you ," (Name) thanked as Gaara laid her down again .

" Anytime ," Gaara smiled warmly . " So .. You're the Kazekage now ," (Name) murmured . The scarlet haired Kage simply nodded to the statement .

" Then why are you here ? Shouldn't you be in Suna ? " the young maiden could not help but ask . " I'm here for you (Name) . I'll always be here for you ," Gaara's soothing voice cooed . " Konoha is a very beautiful place , isn't it ? " (Name) stated .

" You think so ? I guess we'll spend our honeymoon here ."