Chapter 2: The Wait

The front yard of the school building was crowded with high school students greeting each other and bragging about their summer vacation. " 20 minutes early to be exact" adds Dawn looking at her phone. The girls walked to a tree in the courtyard and stood under it to wait for the building to open up.

"I literally can't believe we are gonna be seniors next year " Brielle says calmly as they continue to examine all the students and commotion in the front courtyard.

Aria nodded her head,"One year away from graduating high school and being fed into what my dad calls the real world".

Maxine overhears a group of senior girls gossiping.

" Did you see NayNay's post with her and Anna's ex boyfriend? Shit is crazy'' said one girl.

"Yea I always knew NayNay was a hoe. I wish a bitch would play me like that." Said another.

" yea I saw NayNay's post. I low key saw it coming because of the way NayNay acted around him while he was with Anna." said the third girl with her head in her phone.

Maxine chuckles with disgust and disappointment."I swear the 11th and 12th graders have the most drama in this school."

"Welp..." Dawn sighed before she briefly paused. " Well we are now one of them"

" Unfortunately..."

Aria's heart stops. There he was. Tall, hot, fine, Ben Venick . Ben is 5'11 white boy with short curly brown hair and hazel eyes. Ben, Aria, Maxine, Dawn, Brielle, and Ben's 2 best friends, Luca and Peter have known each other since the 5th grade. Peter is a tall, brunette with and has a heavy accent. Kind of like a New York accent. Luca is tall, dark skin, with dimples and a bright smile. Luca is openly bisexual and has no shame in expressing what he wants. But If there's one thing about these 3 boys, Ben, Peter, and Luca, they love sports.

" Oh my god guys he's here oh my god I want to go home" Whined Aria.

Brielle, Dawn, and Maxine squint their eyes across the school courtyard where Ben, Peter, and Luca were dabbing each other up excitedly. Bri, Dawn, and Max then turn their heads to Aria with a " really bitch" look.

"Ok the fact that you even spotted them from that far is just weird" Dawn chuckles.

" Right?!" Maxine laughed.

Brielle stepped in front of Aria arms crossed blocking her vision of anything in front of her. 

"Aria, we are in 11th grade now. Look at all the cute guys we have this year, stop worrying about Ben and find yourself a new man or don't. Just do you."

Maxine and Dawn shake their heads in agreement. Aria knows she needs to stop worrying about Ben especially after the incident with that girl Pacifica, from Harrington High School. Aria knows Ben doesn't deserve her anymore but it's a lot harder than it sounds considering that Ben is her first love.

" Guys I think this year I'm going to give up on peter. I don't think he-"

"NO" yells Maxine.

"What?"

Aria shakes her head as Brielle laughs " I think what Max is trying to say Dawn is that you and Peter have a connection".

" But for years I try to send hints and he just doesn't get it" says Dawn.

" Bruh the dude is slow he literally cant remember his ABC's" scoffed Brielle.

" Im telling you now Dawn, Peter likes you. In fact I'm pretty sure he is in love with you" says Maxine wagging her finger at Dawn.

Dawn looks at Aria and Brielle widening her eyes.

" Well I mean she ain't wrong" says Aria in a high pitch voice.

" Yea the dummy is crazy for you girl" chuckles Brielle.

Dawn sucks her teeth. " Whatever but after this year I am done trying with him."

The girls continued to talk and soon enough It was time to enter the school and go to the auditorium for orientation.