Chapter 12: Finally Fixing Things

As soon as the bell rang for lunch, Peter's heart started to race. He was eager to talk to Dawn but was nervous about saying the wrong things and making things worse. He met up with Ben and Lucas in the hallways and walked to the lunchroom to sit with Thomas and Henry. As they sit down Ben notices Peter looking around the lunchroom. " Relax, let her sit down first".

" I know"

" If you are looking for Dawn, she is outside with the girls-" Henry began to say as Ben and Luca shook their heads.

Peter sat and waited a few minutes before getting up and walking outside. Dawn was sitting at a picnic table with Aria, Maxine, and Brielle talking with a few other girls. Peter walked over to their table and noticed that Dawn knew he was there and he knew that she would not pay him any mind until she was addressed. Some girls at the table turned their attention on him and gasped as they looked him up and down. Peter cleared his throat nervously. " Uh, can we talk now or?"

" You talkin to me?"

" Yeah Dawn I'm talking to you"

Dawn kept her attitude and got up to go talk to Peter under a tree. When they walked over to the tree, Dawn crossed her arms and cocked her head. Peter adjusted his Yankee cap nervously as he was trying to figure what to say before she can walk away.

" So uh I'm sorry."

" Sorry for what?"

" Uh for-"

" For embarrassing me and disrespecting me?"

" Yes I'm sorry for being a dick towards you I was out of line"

"...Yeah okay whatever" Dawn looked away as her eyes watered. Peter hated seeing Dawn upset and he hated that he was the cause of it.

" Hey I mean it-"

" And why are you ignoring me? I'm as close to you as Aria, Max, and Bri!"

" Because it's different with them Dawn I-"

" HOW?! Please explain to me how it's different Peter?"

" BECAUSE I LIKE YOU DAWN!" Heads turned. " I can talk to everyone else because I don't like them the way I like you and I hate it. I hate the way you make me feel. Feelings suck. They fucking suck Dawn!"

" Why are you acting like you can't talk to me about this? There is no way you can't tell that I like you!"

" I don't know..."

" hm...Okay so where do we go from here because I sick of feeling stupid Peter...what do you want?"

" I want you Dawn" Peter's eyes watered as he felt a weight lifted from his shoulders. Dawn's face loosened up as her eyes widened and watered. They both stood there staring into each other's eyes until the bell rang and students headed to their next class.

" Um, can we finish this conversation after school, there's no cheer practice on Mondays and it's nice out today so I don't mind walking home" Dawn raises her eyebrow trying to hide her excitement.

" Yeah, Yeah that's fine" Peter says as they part ways.

As Peter enters his next class, still in shock from telling Dawn about his feelings for her, he sits at his desk next to Ben and Luca.

" Okay I can't tell if you're happy or sad" Luca says examining Peter.

" Bruh what happened with Dawn you gotta tell us this shit is a big deal." Ben begged.

Peter rolled his eyes and chuckled " nothing really happened. All I did was apologise and tell her how I feel we didn't get to finish our conversation so I guess we will finish it while walking home after school."

"OH MY GAWD MY MANS FINALLY FESSED UP" Luca laughed.

"For real though finally man" Ben says relieved.

They were finally silenced by the teacher.

***

" Bitch you know damn well we wanna know what happened with Peter so spill the beans" Maxine squealed as her and the girls sat at their table in class.

" Language please Ms. Gomez" the teacher says handing out the work.

" Exactly I couldn't tell whether yall was arguing or not" Aria says excitedly.

" I know one thing you had him all shy per usual" laughed Brielle.

" Okay fine I'll tell yall." Dawn wrote her name on her paper. " So he started off by saying sorry and I was like 'okay whatever, what do you want from me?' and he was like 'You' " The girls started to squeal.

" Oh my god he is really in love with you like damn" Brielle gasped.

" You guys are dramatic"

" Nah I've been saying this. You always had him wrapped around your finger" Maxine waved her pencil at Dawn.

" Wait so what do you say" Aria said.

" Nothing it was time to go to class-"

" BITCH" Maxine yelled and then lowered her tone after exchanging looks with the teacher.

" Relax crazy pants, we will keep talking after school when we walk home" Dawn laughed.

" Oh okay I was bout to say girl.." Aria chuckled.