I approached slowly and gently crouched down beside the cage, wincing as my knees cracked at the movement. Felicity's doe eyes darted to me in surprise and I gave a gentle smile. She blinked, wide-eyed before scurrying out of the cage and into my arms.

The movement had me fall backwards, one hand wrapping around her back as the other caught my fall. Her small arms wrapped around my neck and her head buried into my shoulder.

"Hey, it's okay, it's okay..." I hushed, eyeing the men who went to move to catch me. "Felicity you're gonna have to just loosen the grip sweetie, I have an injury."

She pulled away slowly and stared down at my wrapped neck and arm. "What did you do?"

I smiled. "I defeated the bad guys."

She smiled at me, a small giggle escaping her throat. She was so adorable, that I couldn't help but smile back at her.

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" I asked, scanning her visible skin.

She shook her head. "No, I am okay. They didn't touch me at all."

"How long have you been here?" I asked.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she thought about her answer. "I don't know... I know that we just had Christmas and then a few days later there were fireworks and that's when they took me. I shouldn't have gone into the woods with my friends."

I wiped away a stray tear as she recalled her last memory. "Hey it's okay, you're okay. Your safe now."

"I miss my mummy."

I awed and pulled her in for a hug, my eyes closing as I inhaled her scent. "What pack did you come from?"

She leaned back again to sit between my legs, her knees bent over mine. "Claw pack."

I frowned as I tried to think of who she was referring to. I saw Phoenix begin to approach, leaving Sean and Rose in his wake. His hazel eyes softened when he saw me with Felicity, the pupils blowing as his wolf showed his appreciation.

He stood beside me and she trailed her eyes up to his body before they landed on his towering face with fear. She shuffled closer to me, her hand grasping at mine.

"Felicity, this is my...mate, Phoenix."

A deep rumble sounded in his chest, his wolf showing me his appreciation for the title. He crouched down to our level, moving slowly to not startle her. Her brown eyes stared at his hazel and neither of them moved.

"How old are you, pup?" He asked.

She shied away, glancing at her feet. "I'm 9."

I hummed in thought, believing she was around ten or so judging by her frail-looking limbs.

"And you say you are from Claw pack?"

"Well... mummy said we lived in claw... but there was another word I don't really remember very well." She blushed.

A small smile graced his features at his rambling and I found myself having to shoo away Cel's horny instincts. Who knew him smiling and interacting with a child could send my heart into a flurry? This mate bond is working wonders...

"Iron claw by any chance? Or perhaps you mean Jaw?"

She shook her head almost excitedly, "Iron! That's it!"

He smiled at her in amusement. "Great... now do you recognise anyone else here?"

I knew what he was hinting at immediately. I remember Iron Claw on the maps we had drawn. They were a town in the far south, known for building great Earth supplies. They had only two women were taken, one being reported as a child, the other a maid.