Lust For Life pt.2

"So let me get this straight- You two get to go out and go shopping while I'm stuck paintin' pictures with the child?" Rich questioned with his arms crossed over his chest

"So let me get this straight- You two get to go out and go shopping while I'm stuck paintin' pictures with the child?" Rich questioned with his arms crossed over his chest. Mary matched his stance and rolled her neck," Ain't that what she said?" Rich imitated Mary's neck roll and mumbled something under his breath.
Mary scowled at his mockery and pointed her index finger in her face," You on thin ice Rich."

"You never complained before-" I started to say until Rich interrupted," Yeah you were broke before-I wanna ball out too! Maybe I want some Gucci shoes too Marina!" His hands were resting on his hips and his head began to bobble from side to side. I rolled my eyes," It's either the surprise I'm going to give you or the gucci shoes-choose wisely."

"You really gone do me like that?" I nodded my head. He gave Mary one last glance and sighed," Aight, I'll wait for the 'surprise'-but bring me back a belt or somethin' damn." Mary turned on her heels," Mmm not with that attitude-Lets go Marina."

Mary and I grabbed our purses as we headed out the door," Bye Rich!" I waved at him, he swatted his hand and shut the door in my face. I shook my head," What an asshole." We walked away from the house and hopped in my car.

As I carefully maneuvered through Miami traffic, Mary sat in the passenger seat, glancing at me every now and then," What's up Mary?" I glanced at her and her whole body was faced towards me," So this guy that knocked you up-you really like him?-Or do you really like his money?" I furrowed my brows," Of course I like him-I wouldn't be having his baby if I didn't." Mary crossed her arms and nodded her head," And the money?"

"I never asked for it-he just gave it to me," Once we pulled into the parking lot I turned to Mary," I really do like him-more than I thought I would..." "Really?" "Yeah, he's sweet and compassionate-and the way he's with Amalita just melts my heart Mary-" "Okay, since you vouch for him-lets go spend his money!" Mary cheered as she grabbed my purse. I shook my head and laughed," You are something else."

Walking into the luxury brand mall was a new experience I never thought I'd be able to have. Everyone in there looked like supermodels, even the workers. Mary wrapped her arm around mine as we walked around, sticking out like sore thumbs," Damn I never felt so poor in my life-Why did you take us here!?" Mary questioned. "Cause I need outfits for this Bahamas trip Tony is taking me on-" "He taking you on trips already?!" Mary twisted her mouth and shifted her weight to one leg," What did you do-you put some Voodoo on that man!"

I shook my head and almost bursted out laughing at her accusations," No, I didn't do anything to him Mary." "Well whatever you did, keep doin' it-I'm tryna be like them." She pointed over to a group of model-like white women who were toting around their luxury purses and hands full of shopping bags. I turned my head to Mary," Me too."

Like kids in a candy store, we were in and out of every store. Of course we got judgmental looks because we were presumably poor black women in these luxury stores. But for once in my life, I didn't care what they thought. I let Mary grab whatever she wanted and I did the same. Once we got to the checkout counters, all I did was flash them the credit card that Tony gave me. At first, they would give us suspicious stares but they took the card nonetheless.