Just Another Day

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNERS

Chapter 1: Just Another Day

SIX MONTHS LATER – SEPTEMBER 16th 2017

"MIKEY!"

In a very messy room, an orange masked turtle was jolted awake by the loud calling of his eldest brother and the constant knocking on the door.

"Mike, come on; you can't stay asleep all morning, we got training in two hours" Leonardo, the leader and eldest brother of Michelangelo calls out from his little brother's bedroom door.

Mikey yawns and stretches before he calls back: "I'm awake, bro; I'm coming"

"Alright" Leo nodded and headed off to the kitchen.

The youngest turtle got out of the bed, rubbing his head and looks at the front mirror of the bedroom door before yawning out: "Just another day for the Mike-ster...Let's make a good one"

He heads for the kitchen where his other older brothers were waiting for him with Leo.

"Well, look at who decides to wake up from his beauty sleep" The purple masked turtle known as Donatello playfully teased at the sight of his yawning brother.

"Gees Mikey, if you spelt any longer, I would've dragged you out of bed myself" The red masked turtle known as Raphael grumbled while reading the paper.

"Well there's no need; I'm awake now" Michelangelo lets out a gleeful chuckle. "Who wants breakfast?"

"We are," Leo nodded.

"For the last hour and a half" Raph grunted.

"Sorry; maybe it would make you guys feel better if I teach you guys how to cook if you want, so then you won't have to wait for me" Mikey shrugged and started making breakfast for the family.

"Oh but Mike, if we learn to cook then you won't be useful anymore" Raph mocked his younger brother.

"Raph" Leo firmly warned as Mikey only just let out a sarcastic laugh back at Raphael and continued cooking breakfast.

Things have been pretty peaceful since they, well...Leo, defeated the Super Shredder and restored peace to the family. Time has changed these last six months, Karai took over the Foot Clan as their new leader and vows to use her leadership to make the clan an honourable one and restore it to its former glory as it once was before Oroku Saki took over.

Recently Karai left New York with her clan for the time being to return to the clans origin site in Japan where she can go through training to be a true leader for the clan and her family; she does keep in touch with her father, Hamato Yoshi or as he is known to everyone, Master Splinter by writing letters to the turtle's best friend, April O'Neil who gives Splinter the letters and she mails his letters to Karai in return for the rat sensei.

To say the least, the turtles and Splinter were very lucky to be alive after their intense confrontation with the Super Shredder since Splinter nearly died protecting his sons from nearly getting killed. They wouldn't want to know how things would go if Shredder did kill his father that night, nor if anything happens to the brothers or even their friends.

"Hey Mikey, you're not dozing off there, are you?" Donnie snapped Mikey out of his trance.

The young turtle just grins happily and replied: "Sorry, I'm almost done"

Michelangelo then finishes making his family breakfast just in time for Master Splinter to join them at the table.

"Morning my sons" Splinter greeted.