Chapter 22

A/N Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been busy with school since the quarter is ending and report cards are coming. SCHOOL LITERALLY SUCKS. 

~~~~~~~~

Four POV 

"Just get up before Eric comes up you dummy!" she says slightly sounding drunk. Braelynn had no emotion on her faceso I had no idea if she was drunk or not. Her hair was messy but it looked beautiful. "Braelynn did you know that you are beautiful?" I retorically asked. I stood up cupping my hands in her even more beautiful face. We were so close. Then I smelled strong alcohol on her breath as she mumbled something. She looked down stumbling backwards. I caught her by one hand before she hit the hard ground. "GET AWAY FROM HER NOW." Eric's infamous voice shouted out. He jumped from the ledge where the leaders stood so they could see everyone.  I completely ignored him, proving that, I gently threw Braelynn over my shoulder. "Unlike you I'm not yelling to some guy saving the damsel in distress, I'm actually saving her." I scolded. Eric pulled out a knife in the speed of light and retracted his arm back aiming to my leg. I moved out of the way just in time. "FIRST OF ALL IF YOU WANT TO FIGHT ME MAKE SURE I'M ALONE AND THAT I'M SURE AS HELL NOT HOLDING THIS PRECIOUS BEING." I huffed. "Just.Put.Her.Down.Four.And.I'll.Leave." Eric hissed between gritted teeth. Oh candors, you guys are known to lie. As gently as I could I put her down on the fighting ring. A piece of hair fell into her eyes. I brushed my fingers to move it out of the way. "I SAID JUST PUT HER DOWN NOT CREEPILY CARESS HER FACE!" Eric screamed. 

He tackled me to the ground and I punched me hard across my face. I slipped my hand into his pocket where his gun was held. I put the gun to his head as he kept punching me. I was about to pull the trigger when I heard a yell. "STOP." Braelynn weakly yelled. Eric yanked my shirt throwing me hard back to the floor. I just threw the gun at the back of his head knowing I couldn't shoot his heartless shit face self. Eric death glares at me and I spit out the blood which was dripping out from my mouth. "Stop fighting over me you idiots." she coughs out. She just isn't drunk she's sick. Despite my pain I run over to her. "Did you not just hear me? Get away from her." Eric growls. Before he shoves me I grab him by the collar. "Did you not notice that there's obviously something wrong with her?" I mutter next to his face. "She's just tired and maybe has a small hangover." he pushes my arms off of him. "You don't become pale and start coughing like crazy when your hungover." I spat. I pulled her into my arms. "Braelynn....are you okay?" I ask touching her cheek. Even if she was ghostly pale and was sweating she was still perfect as ever. Her mouth fell open but no reply came out. I shook her slightly. "Braelynn what's wrong please say something." I shook her a little violently hoping that would wake her up but I was wrong.

I had Eric's concern now. "Braelynn. Braelynn. BRAELYNN." he raises his voice but with much worry in his eyes. "We need to take her to the infirmary fast." I stood up still carrying her. His eyes were soft but his serious look was plastered onto his face again. He nodded. We sprinted to the infirmary as fast as we could. Eric slammed the door open. "We need a fucking doctor now!" He called out so loudly that you could probably hear him in the Erudite faction. A man and woman with lots of tattoos ran over to us. The man dressed in all black had a Gurnee and I put Braelynn on it. She started to cough violently. Eric grabbed her hand as I grabbed her other hand. "Please get off of her." the lady doctor ordered. I pulled away reluctantly but Eric didn't. I pulled him back but he just kept on holding on. "Sir we need to get to the room as fast as we can." She said. "Then I'll run by her side until the end." Eric said never taking his eyes off of Braelynn. "Eric it's hard I know but do it for her." I said firmly. He stared at Braelynn for a moment and nodded to himself. The doctors then ran down the hall busting through the D.R. Not doctor it meant dauntless room. Nobody really said emergency because every single day of our lives are in risk and there is at least one "emergency" everyday. Someone gets stabbed, someone gets shot, someone commits suicide, someone's bone is sticking out, a knife went through somebody's head, you know just dauntless stuff. 

I walked to the waiting room with Eric slowly following behind. "This is all your fault." he sighed. He didn't sound angry he sounded depressed.  Was he talking to himself? "Huh?" I pretended like I didn't hear anything. Eric looked up from the ground to me and frowned. "I didn't say anything.' he said actually calmly. I give him a slight nod looking forwards again. We sat in the waiting room silently for an hour. "Why did you do it Four?" Eric asked out of nowhere. I got tooken back by his remark. He thinks I actually did this to Braelynn? Why would I ever hurt her? "You think I made her sick?!" I exclaim. "At least you're not lying about how you make people sick with your sick self." He chuckles. I stood up from my chair. "You guys were the ones who ran away from me when I thought we were actually friends? I was so confused when you guys became so angry with me. I don't know what you told or did to Braelynn but now it seems she hates me. I understand why you hate me but please Eric don't make the only girl that truly care about run away from me. Eric please don't do this to me. I ~don't say it Four~ I.......I.....I..." Eric looks at me.

"I love her." I breathe out. Eric stares at me but I look away.

Eric POV 

I was shocked. Pure fucking shock was flowing through my body. Four never said he loved anyone. Not even to his family or anything. Like if I said I love being Dauntless. He would say I really really like being dauntless. He never ever  said "love". I just sat there hoping my face didn't look like how I felt. I hated him, but he is like my brother that I hate. Does that make sense? Fuck yeah it does. Wow my Candor mind is deteriorating. Stop thinking about your previous faction Eric it's been 3 years. "You what?" I ask a little harshly. Four looks at me with straight face. "I actually love her. I love Braelynn." He says in a low voice. A guy comes through the doors, which I assume is the doctor, but who knows we all dress the fucking same. "How is she?" I stood up suddenly. Four was standing with his face worried. "What did she drink in the last hour or so?" He asked not answering our question. "We asked a question first." I hiss. Four throws me a glare. "Eric just answer him." "We need to know what she drank so we can treat it properly or else she will not survive." The doctor said glancing at his matte black watch. What did she drink? The alcohol? Was it even alcohol? Then I remembered the building we walked into. A sign in glowing white said TOXIC. But I didn't care at the time all I cared about was getting away from a cheating man whore.

"Toxic building." was all I could say. Four gives me a confused look. I glare at him. The doctors eyes widen so huge that they could fall right out of their sockets. He turned around and ran fast down a hallway. He shouted code black over and over. Four and I look exchange glances before we sprint down the same hall. We ran into Braelynn's room and at least 34 people were in there. According to my calculations. They were sticking weird colored needles into her body, pressing against her chest over and over, even some people were just standing there with their heads down. "CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?" I screamed grabbing most of their attention. One of the doctors grabbed me and Fours arms, pulling outside the room. "That thing she drank was not alcohol it was a stimulated drink that we use for our enemies, it looks and tastes like alcohol but it is pure poison. You'll suffer for awhile then die, wake up suffer and die again, it's a wake, suffer, die cycle. The thing is that it's still an experiment we haven't even tried it on a real human being." He explains.

She'll suffer die then wake up then suffer again as she dies over & over? No.....no...no...that won't happen to my little brave soldier Braelynn. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Four was gone. "Doctor tell me that there is a cure." I plead. "We are trying as much as we can, Eric." he says calmly jogging back into the room. I follow behind. A sound I never wanted to hear filled my ears. The sound of a no heartbeat on the monitor. The sound of dissapointment. The sound of Fours cry. I couldn't cry in front of everyone. I could've chose another building. This is all my fault. All of it. I punched the wall making my knuckles bleed and leaving a nice cracked circle in the cement wall. I stormed out of that nightmare room tears falling down my face.

Four POV 

"Braelynn Faye do not wake up okay? Because I will have to see you suffer then die once again. You are so beautiful and I didn't say it enough. I'm sorry for whatever I did. I truly am. I'm sorry that I had to make you feel so angry and upset. Please don't wake up until we have the cure." I cried out not seeing anything due to the blurriness of the tears in my eyes. I was on the side of the bed on my knees, my lips to her hand as I held them ever so gently. I kissed her hand over and over thinking it would cure her.

"I love you Braelynn Faye."