My Name Is Trouble

I WAS WOKEN when I felt a hand touch me. I gasped till I noticed that it was Melissa holding a flash light. She seemed to be looking for something. I looked at Spencer and noticed she also woke up.

   “What are you doing?” Spencer asked as Melissa sighed her hand into the couch.

    “I’m looking for me ring. Do you both mind getting up?”

I frowned “What ring?”

    “My wedding ring.” 

   “Why would you take it off?” Spencer asked as she got of the couch me following her

   “It was cutting off my circulation one of the perks of pregnancy.” While saying that Melissa threw a quick look at me. “None of your shoes fit sand your figures turning sausages.”

Melissa’s phone started ringing on the table behind her. Spencer and I shared a quick look before looking back to the phone.

   “Do you want me to get that?” Spencer asked. “Your phone is buzzing, do you—”

Melissa stopped Spencer from picking up her phone. “Keep looking would you.” Melissa picked up her phone and looked at the caller ID. Answering it she quickly looked at Spencer and I and left the room.

   “Hey I’m not alone. I’ll make it upstairs okay.” Melissa rushed up the stairs leaving me and Spencer alone.

Spencer and I looked at each other before rushing to the stairs so we could eardrop on the conversation.

We hid on the bathroom stalls waiting for a girl to leave so we could talk. Once she was gone we got out.

  “We’ve got to find a better place to do this.” Aria complained. “somewhere preferably with a fan.”

   “Good luck.” Emily quipped. “We’d have to dig a tunnel under the school.”

Hanna eyes Emily’s hands as she wiped then dry. “Yeah not with those hands. You need some serious moisturizer.”

   “This letter isn't that bad Emily.” Spencer passed the Danby University paper to me.

   “It’s bad.” Emily huffed

   “Won’t your mum be impressed the scout even time to write one?” Aria asked

   “Here use this.” Hanna handed Emily a bottle of moisturizer. “It costs more then my purse.”

   “Guys it’s a maybe letter my mum needs to see something real. Something that says let her stay in Rosewood. ‘We want her don’t take her to Texas.’” Emily sighed

   “Em’ there are other college's.” I gave her a sympathetic smile.

   “Yeah other scouts will want you.” Spencer assured her.

   “When? My mums already packers up the whole kitchen. She keeps telling me how much I’m going to like the rodeo.”

We looked at the door once we started hearing chatter in the hallway.

   “Look let’s do this later.”

   “What about after school?” Hanna suggested

   “I can’t today I have field hockey.” Spencer excused herself

   “I have swim practice.” Emily added

   “I’m meeting with Raven.”

   “I’m starting my class’s a Hollis.” Aria smiled sheepishly.