Know Your Frenemies

I HAD TOLD Spencer all about the Tag on Ian's bag and the one was on Alison's. Now the two of us were tip toeing downstairs and standing by the railing as we  tired to listening in on Melissa and Ian's conversation. But all we could hear was whispering.

We had to go more down but Spencer’s foot made the floor creek making us run back upstairs to the closes room which was mine.

We closed the door silently but turned around when we  heard the laptop chirp.

Unknown

Married for love or an Alibi?

-A

   “I'M PLANNING a surprise visit for my husband and he cannot stop talking about the room he had on his last visit. Can you pull up that reservation?” Spencer asked over the phone using a different accent “His name is Ian Thomas.”

   “Why is she doing this?” Emily whispered to me

  “We think Ian and Alison were together the weekend before she disappeared. Do you remember how Alison was acting when she got home from visiting her grandmother?” I asked  

  “All giggles and tan” Spencer added covering the speaker of the phone so the person on the other side wouldn't hear.

  “Yeah.” Emily answered unsure.

  “Ali, hated old people and Ali's grandmother lives in Georgia. Hilton head is in South Carolina. She was lying to us.” Spencer explained

  “So what? Alison lied more then she breath. You think that was enough to make Ian wanna permanently shut her up.” Emily said

  “Wow.” I let out. “I thought you would be happy to heat it was anyone but Toby.”

  “All Toby wanted was for me to believe him and I didn't.” Emily told us

  “Toby lied about a lot of things too.” Spencer reminded her.

  “If lying was a crime we would all be in jail.” Emily said

  “I would have life in prison.” I joked

Emily looked at the door of the cafe when Agent Cooper walked out.

  “Agent Cooper, good morning.” She greeted

  “Beautiful day, huh?” Agent Cooper said standing by our table 

We watched as Hanna's mum parked at the curb and Hanna walk out.

  “Looks like someone traded her wheels for heels.” Emily teased Hanna as she joined us

  “Their flats but they very comfortable.” Hanna smiled sitting down.

  “Thank you.” Spencer said over the phone softly.

  “The food in this town is to die for.” Agent Cooper told us. “I'm missing it already.”

  “Are you going somewhere?” Hanna asked confused.

  “Came here to find the person who killed your friend, Toby Cavanaugh maybe out on bail but his not leaving town. We have a solid case against him so.” Agent Cooper shrugged. “unless you have a reason for me to stay.”

  “Well I guess we'll see you around then.” Hanna said

  “You girls take care.”

We waited till she was gone before turning to Spencer.