Someone To Watch Over Me

"I FEEL LIKE whole parts of my brain have shutdown." Spencer said as we entered the house. "I used to love Algebra. Or at least I understood it and now it's a mess."

"Well it can get really abstract." Emily tried making her feel better.

"Yeah but that what we liked about it." I explained to Emily.

"X, Y, Zs. None of it real. We could deal with that. Just isolate the X factor and now I feel like we're the X factor." Spencer hands me a water bottle and yogurt to Emily.

"Honey where were you?" Mum asked rushing down the stairs to us.

"We stopped by the way at Emily's."

"Don't worry. I was expecting this. It's mostly about intimidation so I want you girls to just stay calm."

"Stay calm about what?" I asked her as I saw men walking down with boxes in their hands.

Mum threw the paper she was holding on the table. "They served a search warrant."

"A search warrant? From where? For what?" Spencer reads the paper.

"The house, the barn, your rooms-"

"Our rooms?" Spencer and I gasped before running towards our rooms.

"No Spencer, Lexi don't interfere."

I walked into my room to see them going through everything. My diaries, jewellery, clothes and shoes. I went next door to see them doing the same in Spencer's room.

"Make them get out." Spencer begged our mum.

"I can't you girls are people of interest in a murder investigation. They're just doing their job. In a specially ham-fisted way." Mum said looking at an officer.

"Well, what are they looking for?" I asked her.

"Things that Connect you guys to Alison and what happened to her."

Spencer and I look at the door when we hear footsteps coming towards it. I glared when I saw Ian standing there drinking a glass of milk.

SPENCER AND I walked over to the table in the cafeteria where the girls were the girls were sitting.

"Hey, you okay?" Emily asked as soon as we sat down.

"Yeah, we didn't think you guys were coming today."

I scoffed. "We had to be some place other then that house."

"Are the cops still there?" Hanna asked

"They came and went."

"They actually took things?" Aria asked surprised

I shrugged "Not so much. Our mum says they did it to shake us up."

"What'd they take?" Hanna asked

"Things from our jewellery box." Spencer paused to think. "stuff from our closet, a couple pairs of shoes-"

"Wait, not the Tony Burches." Hanna gasped

"Hanna." Aria looked at her before back at us.

Spencer chuckled "No sneakers. They wanted our laptops but our mum said no. It's wasn't in the search warrant and they couldn't have them. Look guys should know there is a chance they might try to pull this on you."

"Search our rooms?" Emily asked

I nodded. "Our mum said it's a possibility. I'm so sorry."

"Its not your fault."