Je Suis Une Amie

"IS MY CHEMISTRY book over there?" Emily asked Spencer who was staring outside the window.

"Uh, uh, I don't see it." Spencer says

"Its probably in the room Spence not the front yard." Emily says

"What happened to the Cavanagh's mailbox? Somebody hit?" Spencer asks as I walk over to take a look.

"Its not the first time." Emily shrugs. "And I'm sure it wasn't an accident. Every time I come home Toby is out there cleaning up some new mess and please don't say he deserves it."

"I wasn't gonna say that." Spencer pouts.

"Is that it?" I ask Emily pointing under the chair.

"Yeah thanks." Emily says picking it up.

"Do you still think that somebody framed him?" Spencer asks Emily.

"Toby? Do we really wanna have this fight right now. I gave to save up some of my energy for swim practice."

"Were not on different sides any more Em'. I mean I know what it feels like to have somebody say you did something when you know that you didn't." Spencer tells her.

"Are you talking about the bracelets?" I asks

"I have never seen that bead lady before that day and she had my name written down on two sales receipts."

"We should go we're gonna be late."

"I owe you an apology seriously you believe he was innocent from day one and I jumped on your throat. I said some really heinous about Toby."

"You should apologize to him not me."

I KNOCK ON the coach's door which happens to be Ian's office

"Hey, your a little early."

"I just wanted to tell you I won't be coming to practice today."

"Why not?" Ian asks as I was about to walk away.

"I have another commitment." I tell him

"You know what why don't you come in and close the door." Ian tells me

"I can't stay um-"

"- no come in." He repeated. I walked in and he closed the door. "What are you trying to pull here Lexi. You tell your parents you can't stand to be on the same field with me so your quitting the team."

"I'm not quitting the team. I just have this other thing."

"You can't avoid me. I live in your back yard."

"Well this isn't about you. I'm too concentrated in athlete's and it doesn't look good on my college application so I just balance out my sc-" I'm stop when I see Melissa by the door.

"Knock knock." She says opening the door. "Sorry to interrupt."

"I thought you had a marketing seminar." Ian tells her

"The professor cancelled. I brought the tiling samples." Melissa said "The contractor need a decision."

"Oh great."

I start heading for the door where Melissa is standing. "Bye."

"I think your sisters quitting the team." Ian quickly says before I can get away

I groan. "I'm not quitting the team. I'm just doing something else."

"Like what?" Ian asks as Melissa smiled

"You guys don't need to worry about it and I have to get going or else I'll be late." I say rushing out

"WHAT ARE YOUR thoughts on genetic modification?" Emily asks.

I look up from my phone. "Art scientist playing God."

"And how it will affect human health in the long term." Spencer adds

"So I'm against." Emily says writing into her books.

"His different." Spencer suddenly says

"How?" Emily asks

"I-I meant his different then I thought he'd be."

"How'd humans alter the jean on species for thousands of years?"

"Throw an official election." Spencer answers

"There is something about him that is.... I don't know?" Spencer says

Emily looks up from her work. "Wow a question Spencer Hastings can't answer interesting."

Spencer sits up from the bed. "Its not that interesting."

I look at the smiling Emily. "Are we finished with your homework?"

"You are?" She says closing the book "Thank you."

Spencer sighs "I keep trying to find a connection."

"To Toby?" I ask

"To Alison and Toby. Me and Toby. We pretty sure he didn't do it right? And somebody found a way to make him look extremely guilty."

"Spence, You can't figure all that sitting on his porch conjuring verbs."

"Well you don't know what those verbs are." Spencer says sassily standing up.

"If he didn't tell you the first time he probably can't."

"Are you even sure he wants you to come back?" I ask her following her

"Yeah think he does." Spencer says before walking out.

"Bye Em'." I say before following Spencer.

"HEY, YOU." I say to Raven

"Hey. You ready." He asks

"To go around screaming go shark?" I say sarcastically.

We reach the bench my friends and sister are sitting on as Hanna yells 'Go Emily.'

"She's not swimming yet." I tell her taking a seat next to her.

When we see Emily standing by the diving board we all stand and start cheering her on till she won the race.

I WALKED INTO the house rushing for my room when I heard Melissa call me.

"Wait Lexi. Can we talk?" She asks

I shake my head. "No I'm tired."

"I know about you and Ian" she said stopping me in my tracts. "He told me everything thing that happened between you two. I can't hold that against you."

"Did he tell you anything else about the summer?" I ask

"Whatever it is that your holding onto it's got to stop."

"I think his dangerous."

"I think you need help both you and Spencer. You both keep wanting what I have."

"You know what Melissa-"

"Lexi I don't want to fight. I've been a little hormonal lately, I guess I should tell you."

"Tell me what?" I snap.

"We're pregnant." Melissa breaks out into a smile. "This is were you say congratulations." Melissa rolled her eyes when I didn't say anything. "goodnight sis."