Chapter 60 - Our new son

Beginne am Anfang

"Hey don't you have a UA student with you too Hawks?" Fatgum asked tucking in to one of the plates of waffles the waitress had just set before him.

"Yep, I've got myself a protege. He's called Tokoyami, but I'm not meeting him until noon. I think he's in your year right?" He asked Kirishima, snaking an arm around my waist and pulling me closer to his side. I sensed Tamaki's stare as his eyes dart down to my waist and I swallowed thickly, this isn't fair on him. It's clear he was worried about me and from what Togata already told me, it's just cruel for him to see Keigo and I together.

"You know it's almost noon right?" I asked watching Keigo's eyes widen and hearing him murmer 'oh shit'.

"You're right I should probably get going. It was nice seeing you again Fat and it was nice meeting you both! Will you be okay getting home by yourself lovely?" He asked me cupping my face and sending out a few red feathers carrying rolled up bills to pay for our meal.

"Of course, have fun and tell Tokoyami I said hi!' I smile pulling back so as to not be overly affectionate in front of Tamaki.

"Okay, I'll see you later. Bye all!" He waved getting up but not before placing a kiss on my promise ring once more, an action that did not go unnoticed by anyone at the table.

A hushed silence fell over us momentarily in Keigo's absence before it was broken by Fatgum cheerfully asking about the ring.

"So is that what I think it is? Should I be offering my congratulations?!" He smiled pointing at my finger.

"Oh no no! It's just a promise ring. So how's things in the hero world? I feel like I've been away from UA forever." I asked trying to steer the conversation back to something less awkward.

"It's picked up a lot since All Might's retirement, which we all expected I suppose. These two have been doing great though, they're real pros in the making!" Fatgum praised as Tamaki pulled his hood over his face further.

"Please sir, stop. Your praise is like a wound directly to my heart..." he trailed off eyeing up the other customers in the hope they were not paying any attention to Fatgum's kind words.

"I'm sure he's right though, you and Red Riot were amazing at the sports festival and I'm sure you've gotten even better since then! Plus you've got Fatgum to guide you!" I said with a supportive smile.

"I think I need the bathroom!" Tamaki whispered before rushing off looking like he was about to puke.

Poor guy. This is going to be one long brunch.

*** Time skip and POV change***

Tokoyami's POV

I thought training camp was bad but this was almost unbearable. Hawks had been training me in a specially designed room in his agency where the lights would randomly shift from on to off making it difficult to get a hold of Dark Shadow.

"One last try kid, your almost there!" He exclaimed from behind me as the lights once again flashed on in a blinding stream causing Dark Shadow to whine and retreat. I forced him out and willed him to attack, which although weak seemed to be improving over the hours we spent training.

"That's it kid! Great job, I think we can call it a day now. You've definitely been getting better, this little guy wouldn't even come out the first time the lights came on!" He grinned patting Dark Shadows head and switching off the strobe lights to maintain a consistent glow.

"Thank you Sir." I replied breathing heavily. I can't remember a time I used my quirk for this long but the benefits would clearly outweigh the strain I was currently undergoing.