Chapter 1

"Is that her?"
.
"She's the one, right?"
.

"She's the one that was involved in that bar"
.

"How shameful."
.

"Grabe. Kababaeng tao, ganyan ang ugali"
.

"Nasa loob pala ang kulo."
.

Murmurs about Gertrude was the spotlight for  today's company that she was working at. Her officemates, instead of working, they would rather talk about her all day.

"Tsk. Imbes na magsipag-trabaho, chismisan ng chismisan." says Gertrude.

Eh ano naman kung nahuli akong nakatambay sa bar na 'yon?. Can't i enjoy myself? Duh. Isip ni Gertrude. Gustong gusto niya nang sumumbat sa lahat ng mga sinasabi sakanya but no. She knows herself best, she knows that giving attention to them would just be a waste of time. By that, she went back to work.

Seconds passed
.
Minutes passed
.
Hours passed
.

Gertrude was getting tired, fortunately, she only have an hour left till her dismissal from work. She wants to lay on her bed, to feel the softness of her pillows, and to sleep. Well, there's nothing that she expects to happen, after all, she have a extremely boring life. All she ever do is, sleep–eat–work–eat(again)–sleep(again), and repeat.

She never really cared. She just felt empty, no energy, no motivation.
She just wants to sleep all the time, because for her, sleeping is her only way of resting and escaping from the mean world she's living in. Her miserable life, her childhood, her traumas. Oh how nice it would be if she could just forget all of those, and just be happy.

But she wonder, what does it really take to find someone's happiness?, her happiness.

——————————

An hour passed by, and finally!. She can now go home.
Home, huh?. Gertrude laughed ironically.

Funny how she calls it her home but she never felt home as home. But she didn't mind that, as long as she would be able to go back to her house, and rest, everything would be okay—as if.

After all the thoughts, she finally reached her house, she  then made sure that her car is parked in the right place, to avoid arguments. She went inside and just laid her body on the sofa. She stayed like that for a few minutes just closing her eyes and not thinking about anything. After a few minutes, she then went to her bedroom to change for a more comfortable clothes, she took a bath and she got ready to eat. She cooked for herself, just an egg and spam is enough, she doesn't have a big appetite so only a few food is okay.

Habang kumakain, naisipan ni Gertrude na  mag-browse sa kanyang social media accounts but as she expected. There was nothing new, all boring. Dahil sa pagkadismaya, nilapag na lamang ni Gertrude ang kanyang telepono at ipinagpatuloy ang kanyang pagkain.

She was thinking of adopting a pet, but which pet?. She is in between of choosing a dog or a cat as her pet, she's been it for a week already. Hindi siya makapag desisyon kung anong alaga ang kanyang iuuwi.

"Argghh! I cant choose at all." reklamo ni Gertrude. Why not just get both? ani ng kanyang isip. Nang dahil don she finally stopped thinking and finally came up with a decision. She is gonna get a pet, a cat and a dog. Sakto namang day-off niya bukas kaya she will go out and get a companion. Naisip niya na parehas na pusa at aso na pamang ang kanyang kukunin so that the other one won't get lonely. With that thought, she finally went to her bed chamber to get some rest.

Upon reaching her bedroom, she saw something moving. She took her pocket knife on her drawer, and walked slowly towards that movement.

"Ay, lizard lang pala" she said in relief.
She put down her pocket or safety knife, and went straight to her bed at ka-agad siyang humiga at nag-unat. When she felt comfortable enough to get sleepy, she slept.
.
.
.
.

"Gertrude..." there's a whispering voice.

"Gertrude..." its there again.

"Mamasahiin lang kita ha." then there was a movement.

"NO! AYOKO! HINDI KO KAILANGAN NG MASAGGE" paglaban ko

"I will only massage your back"

"MASSAGE MY BACK?! NANG MADALING ARAW?!" pagsabi ko.

"Shhh. Wag kang maingay!, mamasahiin lang kita. Sige na!" pagpupumilit niya. ng tuluyan niya ng pinaghahawak-hawakan ang likod nito, at pagkatapos ay itinaas

" Lolo stop! Hindi ko kailangan ng masahe! " paglaban ko sa aking lolo.

"Hindi. Kailangan mo yan. Mamasahiin lang kita ha" pag ngiti ng matanda sa bata.

"No! No! Stop! Helpp! Mommy!!" i screamed for help.

"Shh! sabi ng manahimik ka e" sabi ng lolo at kasabay non ay ang pagsampal sa akin.

.
.
.
.
TINI-NINIT. TINI-NINIT. TINI-NINIT.

Gertrude woke up, she finally woke up from that nightmare, all thanks to her alarm clock.

Its that nightmare again. She thought. Its a traumatic experience from her childhood. She constantly dream it from time to time. Its a bitter memory, obviously. Hindi niya na inisip pa iyon dahil masisira lang ang kanyang araw. Ngayong araw kasi siya bibisita sa Shelter for Paws para mag-adopt ng aso at pusa. Napag isipan niya na lamang na umampon kaysa bumili.

As usual, she did her morning routine. After waking up she brushed her teeth, washed her face,  fixed her bed, cooked herself a breakfast, she ate, and then, she finally took a bath. She decided na before lunch, dapat ay naka adopt na siya, because she wants to eat lunch with her new companions.

She's ready to go.

CoozYNot

[Walk on Memories]