Master Plan

Heyyy sorry guys for not updating in a while again! I've been lacking motivation to write and I had a lot planned for this fan fic but it's just not gonna work because things will get really long and draggy. So I've decided to wrap this up quickly in the next chapters and maybe I can start a new book that's got a faster pace and stuff :3

AMITY POV

I woke up to the soft beating of someone's heart and the warmth of a pair of arms wrapped around me. I've never felt so comfortable in my life. But what was I doing here?
I opened my eyes. Wait what? Where am-
I was in Luz's arms.
"Luz," I called, my voice was hoarse.
The memories came flooding in but fear wasn't present. Only comfort, for once and numbness. I tried not to remember about- about yesterday.
Luz shuffled a little and I felt her head take off its weight from mine, which allowed me to lift mine too.

"Hey, you're awake," she said with a grin that made me feel all giddy on the inside.

I smiled back, "Hey, yeah,"

"That's good. We've been here for a while," I flinched at her words, slightly hurt.

She brought her arms up and waved them frantically, "Nonono, I didn't mean it that way! I like being here with you but you know, we've got school tomorrow and you've got to... you know..."

...I had to go back. I finished off her sentence in my head. I shook it.

"No, Luz. I'm not going back home," I explained, my eyebrows furrowed, now the warmth of her drifting away as I pulled myself to sit upright.

Surprisingly, Luz wasn't as shocked at what I said. It was as if she was expecting it. Her chocolate gaze met right at mine.

"Are you sure?" She asked, bringing her hands back to weave her fingers in my ones. She squeezed lightly as I looked down at our interlaced hands.

I thought again for a moment whilst brushing my thumb back and forth her soft caramel coloured skin. If I didn't go back, Luz would be in big trouble, wouldn't she?

I let out a small hum of annoyance and doubt and looked back up at her gentle eyes.
"I- I'm.... I don't really know, now that I think of it. Where would I go?"

Luz let in a breath of excitement before she let out in a high pitched squeal, "You can stay at ours! You can continue training properly with Lilith then and we can all live together happily!"

I let out a small giggle, only for it to be cut short by another thought. "But that would put you in danger! If I leave, they'll search for me and who knows what they could do? They've got so much power, you know it!"

The smile left her face as her expression changed to a thoughtful one. It looked as if she was thinking if she should say something or not, rather than thinking of something to say.

She finally spoke, "What if you- you do something that would make them not want you anymore? Something that would make you worthless to them." The voice changed its tone at the last sentence.

"But aren't I already?" I thought out loud accidentally. I didn't mean for Luz to hear that since I knew she'd tell me off.

"Amity!" there it was, she was going to change my mind.

"I-"

"Don't you dare say that again! You are not worthless, not ever in a million years will you ever not be worth something because you, Amity, you are worth everything to me. You hear me? I don't care how many times they've told you that but what I care about is that you know your worth!"