Shoreline

LUZ POV

An extra long chapter for y'all XD
ALSO TYSM FOR 300+ READSSS IFKHFKHFJHV THANK YOUU

I watched her run into the distance, not looking back. A part of me urged me to run with her and protect her all the way through but I had to stay put. This isn't my territory and I'd have to make sure Amity was okay with me treading on it. Either way, I'd have to wait. After a few minutes I was finally able to breathe somewhat okay and I walked back to The Owl House. My mind wasn't very peaceful though. Instead, it was a storm of thoughts and anxiety for Amity.

Before I reached the door I looked back again. I didn't know why I did that but I turned and looked for a moment in the direction we both had run off to. I hope you're okay, Amity.

I turned and was met by Hooty.
"Luz! Hoot, hoot! You're back!"

With a solemn sigh I replied, "yeah, I'm back now." And walked in through the door.

"Hey, Luz, what happened to Lilith's student, huh?" I looked up. Eda was still playing cards with Lilith.

Lilith turned around and faced me with a slightly concerned and thoughtful expression. "I assume she was in such a hurry because of Odalia and Alador finding out that she was hanging out with you. Presumably, she'd be interrogated." She dropped her gaze to the floor. She knew what would happen.

My eyes widened. "But Lilith, what? W-why- what do you think will happen?" I stammered, running a couple of steps towards her.

"I don't know the details, human. However, I hope she gets out without much shock."

"But why don't you do anything!" I almost yelled at her. I felt Eda's eyes on me and from the corner of my eye, I saw King jerk up.

"Woah, woah, kid-"

"I apologise but I have no power over the witch's parents. I may be in high status in the Emperor's coven, well I was, but the Blights are almost at point with the Emperor himself." Her icy gaze met mine that were burning with fury.

I was partly angry at her, but I was more angry at myself and her parents. If Amity literally ran faster than the speed of light in fear then something really bad is going on with her relationship with her parents.

I knew that there was something unhealthy going on but now I was really itching to get to the bottom of this, although my concern had been high throughout the time since we went into Willow's mind.

I shuddered, remembering the shadows casted on the two figure's faces, yet their devious smiles that they put with a coated manipulation coming out their mouths at Amity.

A sigh escaped my lips.
"Sorry, Lilith, for shouting. And you, King, for waking you up." I pivoted and went towards my room, barely acknowledging King letting out a "Weh!"

I sat on my ruffled bed and lay down on it, turning my head to one side and saw the pillow which Amity had slept on. I closed my eyes, trying to calm my mind down a bit. She'd survived all this time, so surely nothing bad can happen.

I tried hoping and seeking comfort in it and it did work. I opened my eyes again, and the sky was a little darker than it had been before.

I stayed on the mattress, though, and started to think about the past two days. It only made me feel worse with the burden of protecting her.

If only I could text her...

I sat straight up. "I should go to Willow's and use her scroll to text her if she's okay!" I exclaimed out loud.