22 ◦✿◦ How to be a Lady

Start from the beginning

"No," Devanti said before Lizzie could ask for archery lessons.

With a heavy heart, she resumed her dinner.

The reconstruction of the garden has also taken half of its design, and even Lizzie was proud to have planted a small flower bed of  Morning Screamers, a purple flower with its mouth open by daylight and closes at night.

She liked it for novelty. And now, a portion of the garden was dedicated to it.

²*

(Morning Screamer)

(Morning Screamer)

She had already received and replied twice to her brothers' letters. Erdan sent books and long neat letters with detailed activities, and also five mathematical equations of demand and supply.

This brat. For a year old, she felt like she was about to die from stress. Even in distant lands, Erdan found a way to torture her.

When she asked Sir Cavat for help, the teacher was all too happy to explain the more complicated concept for her to solve the problem. And thus, another rumor about the youngest Norvillon as a genius has been added to her reputation, even without her knowledge.

Lizzie didn't consider herself to be one. However, people around seemed to easily accept the fact that she was already learning the concept of the territorial state of affairs compared to imperial rulings.

A Norvillon.

It was the reason. Aside from being natural predators, the ducal house was a nest of descendants beyond human limitations.

But the fact that Alec snorted at her answer on the third problem and smugly watched her struggle, it had seemed that the citizens of the Levich empire are also special. Yet, no gossip or rumor about him or Ana spread outside the castle. It was as if all servants had their tongues tucked as ordered by the duke.

In contrast to Erdan, Garth's letters were short and entirely 'I miss you Silver!' and 'Who's Alec? Stay away from him.' Lizzie even ignored the little stain of dried blood in the paper.

Nah, it's too early for him killing everyone, she thought. But she knew she was just fooling herself.

As for the duke, Lizzie shared dinners with him when he returns from outside the castle earlier or when he's not occupied. Despite all the work he had to do, especially with the Levich empire's trade route opening and the sharp rise of abduction cases, the duke never missed a dinner.

She would talk about her day and ask him only to earn short answers. "You talk too much. Isn't food etiquette also part of your lesson?"

So Lizzie would be quiet and diligently eat her food. But then the Duke would say "Why are you quiet?"

This scenario occurred every dinner and she'd call him an 'indecisive idiot' in her head.

Her classes with Ana also progressed smoothly. Unlike Rosalia Davitt who taught her the 'dos' and more on 'don'ts' of high society, Ana's main point is 'What will you do?'