Chapter 6|The Unexpected

My eyes shot open. I looked to my side and saw Carter. I gasped and looked under the covers.
" No." I said. I look down at the side of my bed and saw my bikini.
" Carter. Carter." I said as I tried to wake him. He groaned and turned to his side. I grabbed a cup of water from my nightstand and pour it on Carter. Water spilled on me then my tail formed again.
" Where did I put my necklace?" I asked myself as Carter woke up.
" What?" Carter asked.
" Can you explain to me what happened?" I asked.
" What do you mean?" He asked as he scratched the back of his neck.
" You know what happened. It's not like you were drunk. Somehow, I don't remember anything." I said. He looked down.
" Carter, tell me... Did we- Did we do-" He cut me off.
" No." He said.
" Then why was I naked?" I asked.
" We were about to but... you stopped me." He said. I sighed.
" Good." I mumbled.
" Good?" He questioned.
" Carter, I can't date humans. " I said.
" Why not?" He asked.
" When I was gone...", I sighed, " I promise to only... only date my people."
" But I'm in love-" I cut him off.
" Carter, you're only in love with because I'm a mermaid. Something that little kids believe because it's in a story book...", I looked down, " Months ago, Derek asked my hand in marriage."
" What did you say?" He asked.
" No. But I started to think about it... My people need a queen. And I'm capable to be one. "
" How do you know?"
" The Enchanter said I'm chosen. I have something that no one has. But I don't know it yet." I said as I looked at him.
" I guess you have to find out." He said. I shrugged as my tail disappears and my bikini forms.
" What happened to the clothes you wear?" He asked.
" You ask to much question." I said as I got up. He shrugged.
" C'mon, lets go." I said.
" Where?" He asked.
" I wanna show you something. Get dressed." I said as I went to my bathroom.
.
" You are so slow!" I shouted as I ran. Nash and Cam plan to tag along so why not? I took them to this place. It's probably a park or something.
" Sorry, running isn't my thing!" Nash and Cam shouted back. I stopped as they caught up. They breathed heavily as I stood there. They looked at me and smiled.
" You smell that?" I asked.
" What?" They asked in unison.
" Water." I smiled but they didn't.
" No, Christina." Cam said. I frowned.
" Okay... Hey, let me take a picture of you, guys." I said.
" Sure." Carter said. Cam and Nash sat on the steps while Carter shoot. They did a pose then I took a picture. I laughed lightly at how funny they are. They got up and went to hug me.
" Hey, Christina!" I heard someone shout. I turn around to see Abby.
" Hey, Abby!" I said as I walked to her. She hugged me but she kept her eye on Carter.
" Abby?" I questioned as I looked at her.
" What? Oh." She said as she walked to Carter.
" Hey, I'm Abby Lee. You?" She asked.
" Um... Carter Reynolds. Nice to meet you." Carter smiled.
" Weird." Nash whispered to me.
" Is Abby a flirt?" Cam whispered.
" I dunno." I sighed.
" I'm going to the beach. Will you meet me there?" I asked Carter.
" Do you mind if I hang out with Carter? He seems chill." Abby asked. I felt jealously rise. No, I can date humans.
" Sure... If Carter is okay with it." I said.
" It's good. See you at the house." Carter said as they walked off.
" C'mon, Nash and Cam." I said as I walked away. I looked down until I bumped into someone.
" Sorry." He said. Wait, I recognize that voice.
" Matthew." I said as I looked up. He was wearing jeans and a shirt. His hair was messy and long.
" Christina?" He hugged me. I looked behind me to see Nash and Cam. They looked worried.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey! I know that picture is old or whatever but that's how they still look in my fanfic.
Oh, and if you wanna...
Check out my new fanfic
Sing Me to Sleep
It's about a broken, hurt girl that has been through a lot since she and Shawn Mendes broke up. They finally reunited one day. But one problem- She can't be with him.