Chapter 2| Mystery Drink

" Hey." Carter said as he sat by me. It's midnight and everyone wanted to watch a movie. The only ones awake are Carter and me.
" Hey." I said.
" How's Maggie? " I asked.
" We... um... We broke up." He said.
" Oh... sorry." I said. Carter nodded.
" Tell me, Christina..." He trailed off.
" What?" I asked.
" Do you still l-love me?" He stuttered.
" Carter, you made it obvious that you wanted us to move on so I did." I said.
" Is it because you feel like you are gonna hurt the others?" He asked.
" Carter, I just came back and I don't want drama to start again... not now." I said as I got up.
.
" I can't believe this!" I shouted over the blasting music. When the others woke up, we talked about having a party. And me being stupid agreed to having a party.
" Isn't this fun?" Sky shouted back as she drank something.
" That better no be alcohol!" I shouted.
" Chill, it's not. " She said. I rolled my eyes and walked away. I walked upstairs which was a horrible idea.
" Okay, gross. " I said as I passed by a couple. I don't know if they are kissing or just eating each other. Don't want to think about it.
I walked to my room and closed the door. Hold up, I wonder what Hayes and Kylie are doing. Wait! Why are they even here? I ran out of my room and went look for Hayes and Kylie. I went to Hayes's room and the door is locked. Great. I looked around to see if anyone is there. I see some people looking at me, whatever. I picked up a cup of water and poured it in the door knob. I froze the water.
" Please work." I said to myself. I hit the door knob with I think it was a hammer and watched the knob break in pieces. I heard a girl scream.
" I should have used a key... dang." I said as I walked in.
" Woah, Christina." Kylie said.
" I panicked and forgot there was a stupid key for that stupid door knob." I said.
" That door knob isn't stupid. It has feeling you know." Hayes joked.
" Ha. Ha." I said as I rose the water from the cup.
" Anyways, you should have just knocked." Kylie said as she looked at the water rising. I sighed. I am not myself today.
" Well... you and Hayes would have done something stupid behind my back so I think I did the right thing." I said.
" Plus, I don't trust Hayes with having a door knob, you know it can lock. He could be the one stealing all the food and keeping it in his room." I said as I still held the hammer looking thing. They looked at me, weirdly.
" Okay, I know I sound stupid but..." I trailed off.
" But?" Kylie asked.
" That's all I have. " I said.
" Christina, you can trust Kylie and me being in the same room. It's okay, just have fun." Hayes said as he pushed me out.
" Okay, that does not sound safe!" I shouted as he closed the door.
" You know I can go back in there." I said as I pushed the door. It won't open.
" Hayes put his drawer on the other side of the door." I heard Kylie said.
" It's a very heavy drawer then." I said as I walked away. The music sounded louder and it seemed like more people came. I went to my room and closed the door. I felt dizzy. Why?
" Christina- Woah." Carter closed my door and picked me up. I fell?
" Carter?" I asked.
" Did you drink something?" He asked. Suddenly it came back to me.
" Um... this guy gave me a drink. Tasted weird at first." I said.
" Do you know who?" He asked. The room became dark. The guy's face became clear.
" It's Jordan." I said as I passed out.
.
" I can't believe Jordan."
" Who is Jordan?"
" Christina's ex. The one I set her up with."
" I thought he was sentenced to death."
" I guess he escaped."
" What was the drink he gave her?"
" It's a potion. It only works on mermaids.... that's why Christina wasn't acting like herself. "
" What does it do?"
" It makes mermaids go crazy. Do things that Wild Sharks would do. "
" How long will this last?"
" With the amount she drank... maybe a couple of days."
" What will happen to her?"
" For the next days, she will try to tell our secret of being a mermaid-"
" Why?"
" Wild sharks- they don't care if the whole world knows about our secret. They do things like rise the water, freeze them, whatever. But they do it in front of people so if Christina does theses things in front of people... try to stop her."
" We are in great danger."
" We just have to watch her. Keep her safe. "
I heard them talking. Didn't know who is who. My head still pounded. And my eyes began to feel heavy again.