Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I'd written my letter to Shawna and had it tucked in the waistband ofmy panties on my hip. My hair was in a messy bun and I had flats on.

I'd been taken down to breakfast where I sat again on Vex's lap as he talked to Lokin and his other friends in what I was sure was Romanian.

I was eating my food and staying quiet while the men talked, but Ididn't really have anything to add to the conversation anyways.

"Do you prefer blondes or brunettes better Holden?" Vex asked thehandsome red head at the end of the table. He was probably the mostattractive red head I'd ever seen. His red hair was short on thesides and just a little longer on the top and combed back in a classyfashion. He was broad and tall and had a boyishly handsome face. Heonly looked to be in his twenties.

"Odd questions lately Vex." Holden replied and looked at mesuspiciously. He wasn't the only one suspicious. Why had Vex changedfrom Romanian to English.

"What is odd about it? I asked you what your preference is inwomen." Vex challenged blankly.

Holden seemed to agree it wasn't such an odd question then replied."I suppose I prefer my Lugat women to be brunette and my food to bea dark brunette or red haired. What do you prefer?" He asked Vex.

"I prefer my humans blonde." Vex murmured as he stroked my cheek.I shivered at his touch, but it wasn't fear it was the opposite. Mylegs squeezed together and I felt an instant rush of heat at my core.Vex pulled my bun gently pulling my head back so his mouth was nextto my ear. "What was that?" He asked me curiously.

"What?" I asked dumbly.

"Don't play games. I have heightened senses Bree." He murmuredstroking my cheek again.

"Oh then do I really have to answer that out loud?" I askedgiving him a look and bright smile.

His lip twitched at a smile. "Yes."

"Well unfortunately for you the human is turned on by you." Icringed a smile, talking about myself in the third person. I gave hima look and smiled again.

He released my hair gently and stroked my neck. "I feed from youand you've become a Nympho." Vex chided casually.

"You fed from her?" Lokin asked surprised.

"Yes, she insisted. Her blood is...different. I don't think I couldfeed from anyone else after tasting it." Vex explained to Lokin.

I was filled with relief. If he only fed from me then it meant hewouldn't feed from anyone else, therein saving a life. If only one.

"What do you prefer Lokin?" Vex asked continuing his questioning.

Lokin shrugged. "I don't. They're just food and fucks."

What a jerk!

"Reverence?" Vex asked.

"Blondes Sire. Both my women and food." Reverence answered curtly and looked at me. His brown hair pulled back in a ponytail. It went to his shoulders but he kept it pulled back.

"Stop that." I scolded pointing my fork at him.

He smirked wickedly.

Vex pushed my fork down slowly and looked at the last guy. He was quiet and never talked. He had light blonde hair that was short and spiked up in a fohawk. He seemed like he was always lost in thought.

"Serion what about you?" Vex asked.

"Sire?" He asked as if he hadn't heard the question.

"Pay attention Serion, what do you like in your women and food?" He asked Serion in exasperation.