Lies

Katya was watching TV, trying to forget that pictures of her naked body were all over the tabloids when someone rang her doorbell.
She quickly stood up and opened, thinking it was probably Trixie.

"Hi Violet. What are you doing here?" Katya asked, surprised to see her colleague at her front door.
"Hey Kat. I need to talk to you. You might want to sit down. Can I come in please?"
"Uh sure yeah." Katya replied, really thrown off by what was happening.

The two women sat down on the couch.

"Ms Mattel sent me to tell you that she decided to terminate your contract. She didn't have the strength to tell you directly, and she doesn't want you to come back to the headquarters in case the press would be there to ask you questions. I'll come back later today with all of your stuff. I'm sorry."
"What? This can't be true. I need to go see her."
"Please don't. I know it's hard but you need to accept the truth. I'm here if you need anything." Violet stated, putting one hand on Katya's thigh.
"No no you can go."

Violet hugged Katya before heading out of the girl's place, leaving her feeling even more overwhelmed. She didn't know what to believe, so she called Trixie.

"Is it true that you want to fire me?"
"Hey babe. Calm down please it's not easy for me either. It's an option. If we want to keep on this relationship we can't work together anymore. And I can't leave my own company."
"Oh right. You're surrendering to some dumb articles. And also you're acting like this job is nothing to me, but I need it."
"I make enough money for the both of us Katya you know it."
"I don't want to depend on you. I wanna be able to leave whenever I want."
"What are you talking about? You're planning on leaving me?"
"With the way you act I'm not sure if I want to stay. Bye."

Katya hung up on the verge of tears. Trixie on the other side couldn't keep them in. Her brain and heart were overflowing with mixed emotions. The two things that she values the most, her company and Katya, seemed to be slipping through her fingers at the same time.

"Violet? What are you doing?" Trixie sharply asked as she saw the girl emptying Katya's office.
"Katya told me to pick up her stuff and bring them at her place. She's quitting this job, and she also wants to put an end to whatever you two had going on." Violet obnoxiously lied.
"This is nonsense. You won't make me believe this Violet."

However, Trixie felt her heart sting hearing that Katya could disappear from her life. Their last phone call was constantly replaying in her head.

"Sure. Stay in your fantasy while I go actually care about Katya. She's not yours anymore and that's just a fact."

Violet's words felt like knives, cutting Trixie in the places that hurt the most. She never thought that she would be insecure about Katya's feelings, but right now everything was blurry.