Chapter 15 (EDITED)

Edited: 24 October 2023

"Deku, please come back!" Bakugou's voice rang out, filled with desperation.

Izuku's body was covered in blood and wounds, evidence of the fierce battle they had just endured. Shigaraki, Dabi, Toga, Kai, and Eri stood alongside him, their own bodies marked by bruises and cuts from the harrowing clash with the heroes.

"NEVER!" Izuku bellowed, his anger and fury blazing in his eyes. He couldn't bear to see his makeshift family hurt any longer. His mother had made a tremendous sacrifice to ensure their escape, and now, cornered and enraged, they stood resolute.

"Come back to us! This villain has brainwashed you," Uraraka pleaded, her voice filled with desperation.

"NO! They were the ones who stayed by my side for these past two years!" Izuku's glare was steely, unwavering.

"They were just acting. With us, you could find happiness!" Iida's voice held a note of earnestness.

"That's right! We could make things right, Deku," Todoroki's plea was filled with regret.

"SHUT UP!" Kai's fury erupted, his voice thundering through the tense air. He couldn't stand to hear them any longer. "YOU GUYS WERE THE ONES WHO BETRAYED HIM. NOW YOU WANT HIM BACK? YOU'VE DONE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT HURT HIM! FIND HAPPINESS? HE WAS MISERABLE WITH YOU GUYS!" The raw anger in Kai's voice reverberated, his protective instincts for Izuku surging to the forefront.

Izuku turned his gaze towards his beloved, filled with love and affection. Then, with a venomous glare, he locked eyes with his former classmates.

Out of the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of All Might, wearing an expression he never thought he'd witness on the former symbol of peace's face. It was a mix of regret, fear, sadness, and bewilderment. Seeing All Might in such a state filled Izuku with an unexpected and dark satisfaction.

Izuku found it hard to believe that One For All had chosen to remain within him. He couldn't help but think that the previous users must have been disappointed in the current state of heroes and must have lent their support to Izuku instead. They were undoubtedly aware of the sacrifices and immense efforts Izuku had put into restoring the image of heroes to their former glory. It was infuriating to see how the heroes treated him like an outcast.

What frustrated them the most about Class 3-A was how everyone seemed to assume that Izuku would readily rejoin them once they extended their offer, conveniently overlooking the mistreatment he had endured from them. This particular aspect of the situation left Kai seething with anger.

Did they truly believe Izuku would easily forgive them? He wasn't about to tolerate their nonsense. Shigaraki was resolute in his determination not to let his little brother suffer once more. This time, he vowed, Bakugo would face the consequences for making Izuku's life a living hell.

As for Dabi, he had his hands full dealing with his fool of a brother, who actually thought he could mend things with his brother-in-law after breaking his heart—a heart that had since been repaired by Kai.

Eri harboured a burning desire to confront Mirio for accepting One For All from All Might. When she learned of this, her anger was uncontainable. Unlike Izuku, Mirio had never experienced the harsh realities that the quirkless faced. She found herself wishing she had never rewound him, so he could have remained quirkless.

Kai swiftly used his quirk to create a protective barrier from the ground, shielding them from the advancing hero. However, he suddenly felt a powerful impact from behind and noticed blood dripping to the ground. Izuku's eyes widened in shock, and his entire body trembled in fear.