Chapter 14 (EDITED)

Edited: 24 October 2023

2 month prior

While his mother stayed at home, Izuku took Eri along for a trip to the grocery store. The two of them enjoyed their outing, including a visit to the park and indulging in some snacks.

In addition to their outing, they also purchased supplies for Izuku's latest invention, which he was diligently working on. It had become apparent that one needed to create something truly valuable to secure a place in the laboratory at the I-expo. If the judges were impressed by your invention, you would have a chance at being accepted.

On their way back home in the evening, as they passed an alleyway, they were startled by crashing noises and a sudden thud. Initially, they thought it might be some debris falling or a similar occurrence. However, upon hearing a man groaning in pain, they decided to investigate.

Upon reaching the source of the sounds, Izuku was immediately struck by the shocking sight before him. The man in question had both of his arms missing, his long and disheveled hair obscuring his face. He was dressed in filthy, torn clothing, and his gaunt, pale appearance was deeply concerning.

"Hey, are you okay?" Izuku asked, concern etched across his face. 

The man looked up upon hearing a familiar voice, his eyes widening in fear as he recognized Izuku.

"Y-y-you!!" he stammered, his voice trembling.

"Let's get you treated!" Eri chimed in, her voice full of pity.

"Leave me alone," the man attempted to flee, but he stumbled and lacked the energy to move.

"Sir, let us help," Izuku implored, his concern evident as he tried to assist the man.

"N-no! J-just get away," the man struggled to push Izuku away with his feeble body.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Eri knocked the man unconscious with a precise strike to the back of his neck, her expression one of annoyance.

"Eh?" Izuku looked between the now-unconscious man and Eri, who was glaring at him.

"You should just accept the offer when someone is there to help," Eri said quietly.

"Is he still alive?" Izuku asked in a hushed tone.

"I didn't kill him," Eri replied flatly.

"Right," Izuku said firmly. "Let's carry him to the car."

[Deku has a driving license]

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

At home

Izuku carefully placed the man on the couch as Eri called out, "They're home," upon entering. Inko hurried over to them, her eyes widening at the sight of the ragged man. She quickly assessed his condition, letting out a sigh of relief when she saw that he was okay.

As Inko prepared to lead him to the bathroom for a clean-up, Izuku interjected, insisting that he should handle it since he was a man. This remark offended Inko, and she bristled at the implication. Izuku, sensing her reaction, quickly began to explain the situation. In the end, Inko let her so be and decided to cook a meal for the man.

Despite being splashed with water, the man showed no signs of waking up. As Izuku carefully attended to him, he couldn't help but notice the resemblance of the wounds to those on his now-missing arm. It bore a striking similarity to Aizawa sensei's elbow after it had been decayed by Shigaraki.