Chapter 40 || Percy

"Percy Jackson."

Luke was in the center of the fight, not having even moved an inch. Percy found himself breathing hard as Jason desperately tried to get Piper to wake up. She had gotten blasted back by a drakon's poison. Luckily, she was wearing protective gear, but that didn't mean she was okay.

"Luke, you have to stop this right now."

"That's okay," Luke said. "But I won't. Not until the Olympians fall."

Backbiter swung through the air and Percy ducked as the blade soared over his head.

"What do you want from the Olympians, Luke?! Why do you want them to fall so badly?! You're literally plotting against your father!"

Suddenly, Percy was flung back into the wall by Luke, who was glowering with anger.

"DON'T TALK ABOUT HERMES LIKE THAT! HE DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE A FATHER TO ANYONE! NONE OF THEM DO! THEY PAY NO ATTENTION TO US AND BECAUSE OF THEM, THALIA GOT SEPARATED FROM ME AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO HELP! NOT WHEN I SENT MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF MESSAGES PLEADING FOR THEIR ASSISTANCE! THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US, PERCY!"

Percy froze. "You know who Thalia is?"

Luke froze, too. "You don't know who I'm talking about."

"Yes, I do. She's my best friend, Luke."

Luke's blue eyes gazed into Percy's.

"Where is she?" he demanded.

"I can't tell you, Luke. But what do you mean you got separated?"

"When we were bringing Jason and Thalia to the safe house," Luke growled. "Jason made it in okay, but Thalia didn't make it. You know why? Because the Olympians don't care about us. They claimed that only one child could go through and Zeus chose Jason because he was a boy. I was instructed to leave Thalia to rot in a sewer. They don't care about us!"

"They were trying to protect the empire--"

"By using us, Percy! They wanna protect their own empire, fine! But they've dragged us in and it's time they pay!"

"You know that Kronos and Gaea will rip this world apart--"

"So what?! I lost interest and love to human life since I realized what brats those Olympians are. They're pathetic. If you ask me, even you could bring their downfall. Trust me when I say those Olympians will consider that and you'll be regretting your decision to join them. You'll regret it to the day you die."

"Luke, this isn't right!" Percy pleaded. "It's not! And if you think that you can punish the whole world because of the Olympians' mistakes, you're wrong. Then, you're not the person I thought you were. I thought you were my brother."

Luke's breathing ceased slightly as he looked at Percy before it picked up again.

"I DON'T CARE!"

The fighting began. A duel. Brother against brother. Percy finally realized what was happening. Siblings were literally killing each other in the halls. The demigods that had turned to Kronos's side were killing their own siblings. Even if Percy wasn't on Kronos's side, he knew that was messed up. Luke tackled Percy head on and the two rolled on the floor for a while.

"What are you here for?!" Percy yelled. "The Olympians aren't here! It's just their children! Your siblings!"

"You know what I'm here for!" Luke cackled. "We don't care about you guys. We care about your parents. And luckily, we can access them through here."

Percy's eyes widened when he realized Luke's goal. To get to the Olympian Call Button. One click and all the Olympians would be transported into the middle of the fight. His eyes landed on the trap waiting silently in the middle of the living room. They were going to kill them. Luke raced in the direction of the call button, hidden in the back of the building. Percy raced after him, tackling the older boy to the floor.

They wrestled for a good few seconds before Percy punched Luke across the face, right on Luke's scar. Luke threw Percy back into the wall, temporarily leaving Percy dazed.

"You'll die if you keep fighting, Jackson!" Luke yelled.

Percy grunted as he got up again, glaring at Luke.

"I don't care if I die, Luke! I'm not gonna live long anyways!"

"Because you're an Olympian. So shut up and join our side! We'll make you immortal just like the Olympians did!"

"I don't wanna live to see the person you'll become if you live, Luke. The Olympians are my family. That's the bottom line."

Luke growled and the two began to wrestle, Luke getting closer and closer to the control button. Before Luke brought down his sword onto the button, a girl pushed him out of the way. Percy looked up in alarm to see Annabeth with her dagger ready.

"What are you doing?!" Percy yelled.

"Ah, so here's the princess." Luke smirked.

Before Percy could get up, Luke had kicked him straight in the stomach, breaking one of his ribs accordingly. As Percy bumped into the wall, he could see Luke and Annabeth fighting. To say the least... Percy was surprised. Annabeth had trained after their lessons after all.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!" she screamed, punching Luke in the face.

Suddenly, Luke sliced across her and she flew like a rag doll. Percy, with a newfound rage, charged forward, pushing Luke. He didn't care if Luke had stabbed Backbiter into Percy's gut. He didn't care if he was injured or that he was beating Luke to a pulp. What Luke did was hurt Annabeth. And Percy hated him for it.

"YOU F**KING SON OF A BITCH! GET AWAY FROM HER!"

Luke stood up, terrified.

"GET AWAY FROM HER! GO FLEE YOUR ARMY BEFORE I RELEASE THE SEA ON YOU!"

Percy was even surprised at his own words. He'd never threatened anyone with the sea before. After all, one release of the sea and the person he had released it at would be dead. Luke's eyes flashed with alarm and he raced away.

"ARMY, RETREAT!"

"YEAH! GO IN TEN SECONDS BEFORE THE SEA COMES TO CRUSH YOUR F**KING SOULS!" Percy roared before he was sure they were gone.

Ignoring the splitting pain in his body, he limped and ran to Annabeth's crumpled form on the floor. Blood was pooling around her like a lake of scarlet death. He felt for a pulse. Instantly relaxing when he felt one, he checked for breathing. Yep. She was breathing. He took her in his arms and ripped off his shirt, tying it around her wound. As he took it off, he took the time to assess his wounds.

They were worse than he thought they were.