(Mis)Communication

Start from the beginning

"Thanks, Mrs. Miller," you looked at the snacks and drinks.

"No problem! I'll leave you girls alone now," she grinned and slowly closed the door. You and Amelia looked at each other in silence before randomly laughing together.

You helped yourselves with the snacks as Amelia showed you all her books from her bookshelf and things that have to do with mythology. She even taught you about new things you haven't heard before. After, you told her about your hometown, old school and friends. You showed her pictures on your phone and she showed great interest in your stories. Hanging with a friend feels really nice.

"Ah, I gotta to the bathroom. I'll be right back!" She got up and left.

You watched the old pictures on your phone and a bitter smile appeared on your face. You do miss them, a lot actually. You still keep in contact with your closed friends and see how others are doing thanks to social media. Though, still no one except your brother knew about your miraculous.

You were laughing at an old video and when laughing, something caught your eye. You looked at the posters on Amelia's wall and one in particular caught you by surprise. "Wh-"

"It's Mariposa!" Amelia exclaimed as she appeared next to you.

You were super startled, but calmed yourself immediately. "Y-Yeah! The new superhero? You.. have her poster?!" You tried to sound as natural as possible. 'There's a poster already?!'

"Mhm! I love her. You know I was akumatized, right? She really helped me out and gave me some solid advice that I'll never forget. I aspire to be as outspoken and confident as her," she stated proudly.

You watched her with widened eyes and a fake smile, only a disguise to you freaking out inside. "She gave you advice? And you remember? What- How? I thought people don't remember what happened when they were akumatized.."

"I don't know how either, but I'm glad. I actually haven't told anyone this, except you. Mariposa made me feel proud of who I am. Something I haven't felt in a long time, to be honest," she looked at you and shrugged.

"Oh, is this a secret between you and her? Why are you telling me?"

Amelia raised her brows in surprise by your question, then burst out laughing. "No, it's not a secret! Well- We are friends," she grinned.

"Friends?"

"Wow! I love your name, Amelia! And I'd love to be your friend, if you'll let me."

"No way! You're friends with a superhero?! I'm jealous," you put on an act to play along.

"She's nice. I'm sure she'd be your friend too."

"Wait.. Amelia, are you okay? Being akumatized- I can't imagine. It must have been so scary," you were genuinely concerned.

She looked up to the ceiling then went to sit on her bed. "You know, it was. All of a sudden, all the anger I felt was enhanced and I couldn't control it. I could have only followed the voice who guided me down the wrong path. Deep down, a part of me was trapped. I didn't want to hurt anyone, yet a huge part of me wanted to destroy everyone," she sighed. "I let my emotions get the best of me."

"No, you didn't. You were taken advantage of by a stranger, you were manipulated," you sat down next to her.

She looked at you and gave a small smile. "I know. When the real me was hidden away, it was her who found me, Mariposa. A light I never knew I needed. Unlike Hawk Moth, her calm voice soothed me and her sweet words awakened me."

"You sure you're not exaggerating?" You felt a bit nervous from all the sweet comments Mariposa was receiving.

She shook her head. "I want to thank her. I need to thank her. She's a superhero in so many different ways," she said with a straight face, showing how serious she was.