Chapter Seventeen

| TRAITOR |

The Phantom Fox continued to stare at the ring, she didn't take her eyes off it for not one second. She was afraid that if she let her eyes drift away from it for even a second it could disappear. 

No one has been in Since Steve left, she didn't even know how long she was in the cell. minutes? Hours? Days? Years? She had no idea, she was used to being in cold cells that didn't bother her. But what was, was the fact she couldn't grab the ring. 

You'd probably think, well why doesn't she just use her telekinesis? She still has access to all her powers. But the thing was, she wasn't sure if again this was like the food. She wasn't sure if this was a trick. 

The big metal doors clicked and creaked open slowly, she slowly let her eyes drift up, but it was Steve. It was Sam Wilson. But again, if she wanted to gain their trust she needed to be politely and continue with the act. So she had to pretend not to know a thing about him. 

"Remember me?" He smugly spoke, 

"You actually we're my mission. You just got in the way, so that's why I had to kill you." She shrugged, 

"Well, you gave it your best shot." He scoffed, 

"My partner just fucked it up." She acted like she wasn't fazed, but deep down she was furious at him. 

How could he do that? 

Not only did he fail a mission. But so did she because he froze

Sam's eyes flickered down to the ring on the ground, and then back to the redhead sitting on the ground. Bending down, he plucked it from the ground, holding it with the chain on his index finger. 

The Phantom Fox shot up and started to thrash around trying to get the ring from him, but it was no use, the chains were much too stronger for her strength. 

"You know, I like to collect things, especially vintage items." He looked down at the ring that was now in his hands, "But I don't dispose of anything. Even if my sister thinks it looks horrible." He said the last part to the silent woman in front of him. 

At this point, the redhead was shaking with rage. She wanted to kill him, not just because he was in the way of her mission, but because he had the ring. Her ring. But she had to remind herself that Pieecr gave her direct orders not to kill them. 

"Why are you with Hydra?" He asked the same question Steve asked her a while back, 

"I have no choice." She finally spoke. Looking down at the ground, with a fake but realistic ashamed face. 

Sam just nodded walking towards the woman, he was taller than her, so she had to look up at him. Sam again looks down at the ring on the chain that was in his hands. Slowly he lifted it to slide it over her head and around her neck. 

She was shocked, losses for word. Why would he give it to her? What games were they playing? This had to be a trick, right? 

"But with us." He shrugged, looking down at her, "You have a choice with us." He backed up and turned around to the door. 

"Thank you." She spoke before he left, 

"Why?" He turned around to face her, "It's yours." He smiled at her kindly,