Chapter #25

A/N Welcome back Wattpad fam! To another chapter of your favorite book in the whole entire universe!! (Jk, cries). I want to thank you guys so much for taking Gifted High to 80k reads!! Come on!! I can't take it 😭. I'm still gonna thank y'all at the end of the chapter you know.

Special thanks to KanganaShah1210 for the suggestion of memes 🤭. If all goes well I should be posting one or two memes every chapter lolol, just to keep the reading space friendly, light-hearted and childish of course 🤓.

Please remember to vote, comment, share and enjoy!! And please follow me 😭.

Aurora's Pov

The cold was indeed familiar so thank goodness for the familiarity. I thrashed around a bit before opening my eyes, then everything came flooding back. Pun unintended.

The first thing I saw was a mass of rubble that had settled just where we were standing. Rubble from the wall I had Terence make, and behind it... A rhinoceros?

Cole. Of course.

I hadn't even taken time to wonder what Cole was doing this whole time. I never left our circle of defense after all, and now I dreaded to see what that cost me. But first I'd have to get rid of Cole...

Getting a firm grip on myself, my breath and my powers, I raised my hands up and brought them down as fast as I could, as if the restriction of the water wasn't even there.

I felt myself come closer to the ground as the pillar of water surrounding me gave way from the bottom, coming out like a flood and sweeping Cole away, still in his animal form. I wasn't sure what drowning rhinos sounded like but Cole gave me a pretty good idea as he let out an animalistic wail, the constant gush of water carrying him even further back.

One final push from within myself, and Cole was mopped away, passed his evading, staring teammates and behind the line after them. The sirens immediately confirmed that once again, someone was out.

And speaking of sirens...

I took in a deep breath, glad to be rid of the watery trap of my own making. I took a minute to get my bearings and staggering to their feet behind me were both Terence and Kyle, having been pushed all the way behind the line by the telekinetic explosion.

"Are you two okay?" I coughed out, still trying to shake the excess water off my dreadfully long hair, and the excess hair from sticking to my face. It might be time to invest in a couple of hair ties...

"Nothing broken." Terence called out, shaking actual dust from his hair. "May need a shower later though."

"Nothing except my pride...." Kyle half-complained, half-joked. "Kendall is never gonna let me hear the end of how he lasted longer than I did."

He rolled his shoulders before speaking again. "Though I have to commend him for thinking of the same tactic I used."

"That must have been what created the blast then." Scarlet spoke up from beside me.

I had almost forgotten about her...

She was as soaked as I was, even squeezing her sweater out.

"Were you--?"

"In your suspended tsunami? Yes."

I silently thanked the heavens, at least I wasn't facing Brandon and Kendall alone. "At least we're still evenly matched."

And at least I didn't drown you. I thought.

At least. She replied.

"Why didn't our own telekinetic fields defend us from Kendall's?" I turned to Kyle.