Chapter Nineteen

(Author: I found the picture at the top cute so yeah.)

Mitsuri started whiplashing the attacks, increasing her blood rate, speed and strength, covering for them. "Kanroji-san, you need a little help defending them?" Asahito asked, grinning. "Aburaya-kun! Shinguji-chan!" Mitsuri spotted Kie trailing behind Asahito. 

Mitsuri probably didn't need the help due to the fact she got faster and stronger in an instant. "What's that?" Kie realized the new mark on her upper chest, looking somewhat like a demon crest. "I'm not sure, but we have to cover for your sister and the others." Asahito reminded, slicing through the dragon's neck. 

"Climb the tree faster before the lizard dragon thing gets back!" Mizue scolded, holding Genya's hand, lifting him up. "I can't wield my blade like this!" Genya mentioned, biting into the demon tree. "But your stomach's gonna die! Will you be okay?!" Tanjiro yelled while climbing the tree. 

"He just keeps eating it..." Mizue thought, getting distracted. "Stay focused!" Tanjiro scolded, holding onto the tree. The reaction of Genya eating the tree had made the tree fall over. The branch whipped as Nezuko lit it on fire with her blood. 

"Dance of the Fire God: Flame Waltz." Tanjiro whispered, slicing and burning the demon tree that covered Hantengu. "He's gone?" Mizue muttered, looking at the section where Tanjiro cut it. 

"He keeps running." Tanjiro mentioned, in a state of an odd anger and started to curse at the small, running demon. Mizue accidentally got scared by his sudden yelling. Genya got super mad, picked up a whole tree by it's roots and threw it at Hantengu. Mizue had ducked along with Tanjiro and Nezuko. 

As the rubble and dust from Genya's attack slightly covered Hantengu, Nezuko tried to make sure he wouldn't escape. She swiped at him, but he sped up his running. "He's fast! The fuck is up with this guy?! Damn it, I can't keep up!" Genya raged. "We need to catch up-" Mizue thoughts were interrupted by a bolt of speed dashing through Nezuko, Mizue and Genya. 

Tanjiro's burning flame almost melted and cut off Hantengu's head before Mizue could warn him. In an instant, Hantengu turned into a much larger version of himself, holding Tanjiro down and yelling at him. 

"Your logic is all fucked up, you dumbshit!" Genya scolded, using his own hands to tear off Hantengu's hands off of Tanjiro. Mizue needed to get faster. Stronger. Gripping her sword tightly, she managed to slice his body in half and kept moving around, only giving deep cuts. From the pain, he let go of Tanjiro while Nezuko started to burn him all over. 

"That woman...she has it." Hantengu realized this as she kept going. 

With heat from Nezuko's fire, Tanjiro skewered his blade into Hantengu's chest. It came with a price though, Genya was burnt since he ate demons and Hantengu, Tanjiro and Nezuko fell off a short cliff by the edge while Mizue was caring for Genya's burns. 

Tanjiro fell onto a tree branch while Hantengu sensed humans to eat for more power. "Hold it." Tanjiro muttered, still laying on the tree. "You're not getting away. I will chase you to depths of hell and cut off your head." Tanjiro continued to mutter his curses while Mizue cared for Genya.

"Does it still burn?" Mizue asked, wrapping bandages around Genya's stomach. "Where the fuck did you get those from?" Genya ignored her question and watched her wrap. "Shinobu-san gave them to me before coming to the village!" Mizue explained. 

Mizue heard light footsteps coming from where they came from. "Give this to Tanjiro!" A familiar voice yelled, throwing an unfinished sword in front of Mizue. She ran over to the edge of the cliff and threw it in front of Tanjiro. "Use it!" Mizue yelled, while Haganezuka was fighting with the light footed boy. 

"If you use it, I'll kill you!" Haganezuka warned, choking the mist pillar. "Stop choking Muichiro-kun!" Mizue slapped him on the cheek, leaving a red mark on his face. "Shitty brat!" Haganezuka said, slapping Mizue back as she stomped on his foot. 

Everyone's eyes widened to see Haganezuka's foot bleeding out. "What the fuck." Genya muttered. "It's numb." Haganezuka added, being in an extreme revenge mode. "The sun's coming up." Muichiro mentioned, watching daylight hit the ground. 

"Wait! Nezuko-chan!" Mizue realized rushing up to the edge of the cliff again. She rushed up to the cliff to see Hantengu still alive and Tanjiro covering Nezuko. Genya started to try and climb down but his burns were hitting the rocks of the cliff. 

"Genya, please stay here." Mizue took his arms and lifted him back up on the edge. "I'll try to climb down." Mizue assure, giving a warm smile. Since the rocks were quite slippery, she fell all the way down on her back, knocking the consciousness out of her. 

Just pitch black was all she saw. Nothing but a bright pink colour in the distance. Walking up to it, she realized it was the illusion of a flower. Multiple started to spring up and they were all the same shade of pink. (#f2b8c6 colour code if you want to see the colour)

All the same. Until she saw someone in the distance, waving to her and calling her name. What a kind and familiar voice she heard. "Mizue, are you alright?" The presence asked, giving the same warm smile Mizue would. 

"Aizetsu?" Mizue asked, walking towards him. "I'm sorry for everything I did tonight." Mizue had tears rolling down her cheeks and watery eyes. Aizetsu only smiled at her, not saying a word. 

Muzan's angered presence was found behind her. "It's your fault for everything that happened tonight." Muzan muttered, pulling her by the hair. "They must hate you now. They must be so angry with what happened. How you betrayed them." Muzan added, tightening his grip on her hair. 

"Are you angry with me? I'm sorry." Mizue started to cry even more and more with the fact she knew she betrayed them. "It is my fault, so I need to take responsibility." Mizue realized, gripping onto her ripped kimono. 

"Mizue." Aizetsu finally spoke and softly touched her head as she looked down to her lap. She lifted her head to look at Aizetsu as he opened his mouth to speak. But before he could, she was awoken by a crying Mitsuri who thought she was dead. 

"Mizue's awake!" Mitsuri exclaimed, continuing to cry. "Good morning, Onee-san." Kie greeted, giving a small but bright smile. "Nezuko..." Mizue muttered, hoping she was safe. "G-Good morning." Nezuko said, standing in the sun's warm glow. "You're okay...? Thank the gods..." Mizue smiled, getting up to hug Nezuko. "Thank gods." Nezuko repeated, hugging her tightly. 

It wasn't too long before everyone fainted of exhaustion and the kakushi came to pick them up. "Aizetsu, you did say something before I woke up, didn't you? I just can't remember what you said. Sorry..." Mizue thought, before fully knocking out.